Applied: UBC PT, UofA PT
Accepted: UofA PT (BC resident)
Rejected: UBC PT

GPA: (cum and sub)
UBC cum = 86.1%
UofA cum = 90.1%

Prereq avg = ~91% for both

Perceived strength:
Both schools are pretty much just grades and interview (everything else doesn't really matter i think)

My UBC interview was maybe a little bit weaker (had more regrets coming out of it). Alberta interview topics were much more relatable to me so i feel that definitely helped.
I thought grades wise i had an equal shot at both schools even because even though Alberta gave me a higher GPA calculation, I'm out of province.

If it helps, a friend of mine got waitlisted for UBC PT (got accepted a few weeks ago) and his average was around 84-85%

May 14, 2015

Dear ________

Your application to the Master of Science Program in Physical Therapy at Queen’s University has received careful consideration; however, I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission. 

The academic cut off for the cumulative grade point average (Cum-GPA) for all years of University study this year was 2.89 and the grade point average for the most recent ten full course credits of undergraduate University education (Sub-GPA) was 3.65.  If either your Cum or Sub-GPA were below these values and/or you did not meet the prerequisite course requirements your admissions application would not have been further assessed by the committee.  If you did meet the above criteria, the combined assessment of your academic and personal qualities was insufficient to secure an offer of admission or a position on the waitlist.

Thank you for the effort you have made in applying to Queen’s University.  In view of the large number of applicants to our program, committee members are not able to provide written appraisals of individual applications.

We acknowledge the hard work and effort that you have put into your application.  I hope that you will consider re-applying next year.

Applied: UofT, Western, Mac, Queens (ALL PT AND OT)
Accepted: Interviewed at MAC OT
Waitlisted:
Rejected: Mac PT, UofT PT, Queens PT
GPA: subGPA: Approx 3.79, cumGPA: 3.78
My volunteer is pretty strong but it's not very related to OT/PT. One of them is kind of related. I also got two reference, one from my university prof and the other is from my employer who is also a PhD Dr.

Applied: UBC PT, UofA PT

Accepted: UofA PT (BC resident)

Rejected: UBC PT

GPA: (cum and sub)

UBC cum = 86.1%

UofA cum = 90.1%

Prereq avg = ~91% for both

Perceived strength:

Both schools are pretty much just grades and interview (everything else doesn't really matter i think)

My UBC interview was maybe a little bit weaker (had more regrets coming out of it). Alberta interview topics were much more relatable to me so i feel that definitely helped.

I thought grades wise i had an equal shot at both schools even because even though Alberta gave me a higher GPA calculation, I'm out of province.

If it helps, a friend of mine got waitlisted for UBC PT (got accepted a few weeks ago) and his average was around 84-85%

Congrats! Looks like you had some really great marks. Im going to be applying for UBC and UofA for the 2016 cycle, any tips for me to prepare? What kind of volunteer experience did you have?

Archived