Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accepted to McMaster, Western, and UofT (all OT)

sGPA and cGPA both 3.89

So excited about the McMaster one - not sure if anyone was in my interview cycle(s), but I was the girl that they sorted into PT accidentally & I wrote the entire PT written part before they realized their mistake - I was so rattled during the actual OT interview!

I was in your cycle! Congrats! You must have been good under pressure :)

sGPA and cGPA both 3.89

So excited about the McMaster one - not sure if anyone was in my interview cycle(s), but I was the girl that they sorted into PT accidentally & I wrote the entire PT written part before they realized their mistake - I was so rattled during the actual OT interview!

sGPA and cGPA both 3.89

Whoa! I think I was there in your group. They were calling names and realized there was someone who wasn't suppose to be there. I was standing there with you as the last 2 to be sorted. I felt sooo sorry for what happened. They gave you the purple E right?

Whoa! I think I was there in your group. They were calling names and realized there was someone who wasn't suppose to be there. I was standing there with you as the last 2 to be sorted. I felt sooo sorry for what happened. They gave you the purple E right?

I was in your cycle! Congrats! You must have been good under pressure  :)

This is too funny that both of you were there with me! I appreciate any and all sympathetic glances you gave me because they actually meant the world at the time.

Thanks so much Bevans  :) They did indeed give me that godforsaken purple E and I ended up having to go all through the process again with the next cycle - actually the worst thing ever because my PT essays were darn good in my opinion (ha!) 

Applied: Queen's, Mac, UofT, McGill
Accepted: UofT, Mac, Queen's 
Waitlisted: McGill (pre-interview) 
Rejected:
GPA: (cum and sub) 3.70, 3.82
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

(Going to give a fairly detailed account to hopefully help others be successful, or at least what worked for me) :)

Very strong essay for Queen's; 300+ hours direct experience with PT's in MSK, cardio, neuro, peds, geriatric in both community private practice and inpatient acute care. Also 100's of hours with aquatic based rehab, lots of leadership experience, university emergency response team and researched a lot about why I wanted to go into physio, what physio was and why I was a good fit. 

UofT Cap I felt I nailed: creative responses that demonstrated that I had the experience and understanding of what physio was and how I would deal with various situations. 

Mac MMI I honestly thought I'd be waitlisted. I didn't think the interviewers were that impressed with me (guess I was wrong tho!!). I practiced 100's of hours (I literally kid you not, I took a year off to apply, so I had the time). Practiced lots of ethical based questions and reflected a lot about why physio. 

Just wanted to say that I know that my acceptances come at others being rejected. Know this: I will never EVER take my spot for granted. I promise to be the best PT I can be, not just for my patients, but for all of you. For those of you rejected today, PLEASE DONT GIVE UP. YOU CAN DO THIS. Don't let one day and one admission committee decide your fate. :) Please (any future applicants) message me if you ever read this. I would love to help others the way people on this fourm helped me. 

This is my fourth year trying to get into PT. I have gone back to school to upgrade my marks, done additional volunteering in a PT clinic and had to retake a few prerequisite courses. I applied to Western, McMaster, U of T and Queens for the last 4 years and also applied to Alberta this year. I am happy to announce that this year I was accepted to Western's PT program! I just wanted to take a quick minute to write my story to hopefully inspire others to keep working for it. It will happen.

This is my fourth year trying to get into PT. I have gone back to school to upgrade my marks, done additional volunteering in a PT clinic and had to retake a few prerequisite courses. I applied to Western, McMaster, U of T and Queens for the last 4 years and also applied to Alberta this year. I am happy to announce that this year I was accepted to Western's PT program! I just wanted to take a quick minute to write my story to hopefully inspire others to keep working for it. It will happen.

Congrats DreamingofPT! That must have been a tough three years. I have a lot of respect for you in not throwing the towel

All OT - got rejected from U of T and Western, sGPA 3.94... little surprised but shows marks aren't everything! However, I found out this morning I got into U of A :D !! I'm Alberta resident. Congrats to everyone who got in or on the wait list. Haven't heard anything from Queen's yet? 

All OT - got rejected from U of T and Western, sGPA 3.94... little surprised. However, I found out this morning I got into U of A :D !! Congrats to everyone who got in or on the wait list. Haven't heard anything from Queen's yet?

I'll see you in Alberta !!! And not a word from queens yet. Probably tomorrow :)

Archived