Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

Congrats! Just wondering if you have an idea of which offer you'll accept? (I'm on the Queens waitlist haha

I wish I could tell you but I have no idea! I was trying not to have a preference between schools because I wasn't banking on having options. I'll post on here once I decide though!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applied: UofT, Western, Queen's, and Mac (all for OT)

Accepted: Mac

Waitlisted: UofT and Western 

Rejected: Queen's 

GPA: sGPA 3.7, cGPA 3.5

I'm ecstatic I got into Mac, but I would prefer UofT. I hate not knowing where I am on the waitlist, it's cruel that they won't tell us for OT! 

Thanks everyone on this forum! It was nice to know I wasn't the only one obsessing over all of these things :) 

Applied: Western, UofT, UofA, Queen's, Dalhousie (all OT)

Accepted: UofA

Waitlisted: Western, UofT, Dalhousie
Rejected:Queens
GPA: subGPA 3.71 ORPAS (3.77), cumGPA 3.59

Really hoping to get off the Dal waitlist, but accepting my UofA spot for now.

Applied: Western, UofT, Mac, UofA, Dalhousie (all OT)

Waitlisted: Western, Dalhousie
Rejected: UofT, Mac
GPA: sGPA 3.69 (ORPAS), cGPA 2.75

Relieved and excited to get into OT on my third attempt. I've worked in a rehab clinic for many years and enjoyed what OT was all about so I returned to school and after a lot of hard work finally got in.  

I am currently on the wait list for Queen's OT  program and I was wondering when applicants will be contacted if a spot opens up. Since Queen's does not indicate where you rank on the wait list I am curious to know how the movement is and if quite a few people receive offers.

Anyone who has experienced this or has any knowledge on Queen's wait list I would appreciate any information. :) 

Applied: UofT, Mac, Western, Queens (All PT)
Accepted: Mac, Queens
Waitlisted: UofT
Rejected: Western
GPA: cum 3.5, sub 3.88

Still undecided on where I want to go, but I got a great impression of Mac when I went there for my interview. I'll definitely do my homework on both programs though. If anyone can share more info on either program it'd be great. And anyways at the end of the day we all get the same degree anyways  :P Personally, I think that you can make the most impact on your professional development after you leave the structured school environment. 

Applied: U of T, Queen's, Western, McGill (all OT)

Accepted: Queen's, Western

Wait listed: U of T

Interview: McGill

GPA: cum = 3.70, sub = 3.73

- both of these grade calculations didn't include my exchange marks - I have been told that if possible universities will use exchange grades (if convertible) so with that included my GPA may be a tad higher, but just barely.

I have a few questions for everybody, hopefully someone can answer:

For my U of T wait list email, they didn't even give me a number...which, no big deal as I have been accepted elsewhere, but I thought that was super dumb. Here's what my email said:

After careful consideration, your name has been placed on a waiting list for admission to the MScOT program.  We anticipate that we will be able to act on the waiting list between June 8 and June 12, if any space exists. If we are in a position to then offer you a place in this program, you will receive an email followed by a letter in the mail.  Most of the offers from the waiting list, if any, are likely to be sent by the middle of June, although the waiting list does remain active until late-August. At that time, applicants remaining on the waiting list will receive a letter of refusal. 

We recognize the waiting period can be difficult. It is important to note that the level of waiting list movement, if any, is very unpredictable. Please avoid inquiring about your position on the waiting list as we will not be able to provide this information. We may be in a position to comment on general waiting list movement and class capacity status after June 15.

Did anyone else get this? Reading through some of the posts, it seems you all got a spot on the waiting list. 

Question #2: Does anyone know any big differences/advantages/disadvantages between Queen's and Western's programs and overall student experience? I am currently leaning towards Queen's as I live in Ottawa and it is closer. But I see Western has some cool program intensives that is making me consider them. 

Thanks guys!

Applied: U of T, Queen's, Western, McGill (all OT)

Accepted: Queen's, Western

Wait listed: U of T

Interview: McGill

GPA: cum = 3.70, sub = 3.73

- both of these grade calculations didn't include my exchange marks - I have been told that if possible universities will use exchange grades (if convertible) so with that included my GPA may be a tad higher, but just barely.

I have a few questions for everybody, hopefully someone can answer:

For my U of T wait list email, they didn't even give me a number...which, no big deal as I have been accepted elsewhere, but I thought that was super dumb. Here's what my email said:

After careful consideration, your name has been placed on a waiting list for admission to the MScOT program. We anticipate that we will be able to act on the waiting list between June 8 and June 12, if any space exists. If we are in a position to then offer you a place in this program, you will receive an email followed by a letter in the mail. Most of the offers from the waiting list, if any, are likely to be sent by the middle of June, although the waiting list does remain active until late-August. At that time, applicants remaining on the waiting list will receive a letter of refusal.

We recognize the waiting period can be difficult. It is important to note that the level of waiting list movement, if any, is very unpredictable. Please avoid inquiring about your position on the waiting list as we will not be able to provide this information. We may be in a position to comment on general waiting list movement and class capacity status after June 15.

Did anyone else get this? Reading through some of the posts, it seems you all got a spot on the waiting list.

Question #2: Does anyone know any big differences/advantages/disadvantages between Queen's and Western's programs and overall student experience? I am currently leaning towards Queen's as I live in Ottawa and it is closer. But I see Western has some cool program intensives that is making me consider them.

Thanks guys!

I am a 2nd year western OT student. I was rejected from Queens with a 3.80 GPA, solid references and years of volunteer experience in health care, 4 seasons on a training staff in the OHL and working exclusively with disabled populations. Western grabbed me immediately. That being said, I hope you accept western, we have a great student body and there are some amazing profs here.

Applied: Toronto, Western, Mac, Queens (all PT)

Accepted: Toronto, Mac, Queens

Waitlist: Western

Rejected:

GPA: sub 3.94, cum 3.79

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! This forum was such a great resource while prepping for interviews so I want to give a huge thanks for everyone's input and advice. For those on the waitlist spots should be opening up soon, good luck!!

You got wait listed for western PT with 3.94? The cut off wasn't that high

Applied: Toronto, Western, Mac, Queens (all PT)

Accepted: Toronto, Mac, Queens

Waitlist: Western

Rejected:

GPA: sub 3.94, cum 3.79

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! This forum was such a great resource while prepping for interviews so I want to give a huge thanks for everyone's input and advice. For those on the waitlist spots should be opening up soon, good luck!!

You got wait listed for western PT with 3.94? Typo perhaps?

Applied: Mac OT and Western OT 
Accepted: none
Waitlisted: none 
Rejected: Mac OT (pre-interview) and Western OT
GPA: cum 3.94, sub 3.92 

Anyone have any advice on strengthening my application? I only applied to these 2 schools because I couldn't get references in time, but for next year, I am thinking of applying to more schools with references! Not sure why I didn't get an interview at McMaster since it was GPA based, but better luck next year! 

Applied: UofA, UBC, Dalhousie, UofM, Queens (all OT)

Interview: UofM (Declined the interview)

Waitlisted: Dalhousie

Rejected: UBC, Queens

GPA: sub 3.70, cum 3.43, UBC 82%

I have already accepted my offer to UofA. This is my second year applying and I'm very excited to start in September. Congratulations to all those who were accepted! For all those who didn't get in this year, keep your head up and try again next year. I was pretty devastated last year after I was waitlisted and never got in but I improved my experience and ended up getting into the program that I wanted.

Applied: UofA, UBC, Dalhousie, UofM, Queens (all OT)

Interview: UofM (Declined the interview)

Waitlisted: Dalhousie

Rejected: UBC, Queens

GPA: sub 3.70, cum 3.43, UBC 82%

I have already accepted my offer to UofA. This is my second year applying and I'm very excited to start in September. Congratulations to all those who were accepted! For all those who didn't get in this year, keep your head up and try again next year. I was pretty devastated last year after I was waitlisted and never got in but I improved my experience and ended up getting into the program that I wanted.

See you in September classmate :)

Archived