Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

They are all GPA based. You screwed yourself by not getting your references. Based on the fact you didn't get your references on time should tell you something. You squandered a terrific GPA by procrastinating.

You changed your name lol.  I remember you on this forum submitting a thousand posts the past couple years as I checked out this forum out of curiosity during my undergrad. Back then you were all fluffy and trying to leech off encouragements and help from others, now that you're in you're trying to shit on the future students.  Great job. You make an amazing example out of the OT world, SO glad I got accepted into PT so i don't ever come across you.   'Healthcareeh' may have been faced with difficulties this year but this person will eventually enter the program and become an OT - and I hope that this person becomes a professional that's a thousand folds better than you and become far more successful.  Best wishes to you in life, I feel your innate attitude will give you many problems throughout your career.  Peace.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You changed your name lol.  I remember you on this forum submitting a thousand posts the past couple years as I checked out this forum out of curiosity during my undergrad. Back then you were all fluffy and trying to leech off encouragements and help from others, now that you're in you're trying to shit on the future students.  Great job. You make an amazing example out of the OT world, SO glad I got accepted into PT so i don't ever come across you.   'Healthcareeh' may have been faced with difficulties this year but this person will eventually enter the program and become an OT - and I hope that this person becomes a professional that's a thousand folds better than you and become far more successful.  Best wishes to you in life, I feel your innate attitude will give you many problems throughout your career.  Peace.

Ye I recognized the username too. This is real life. People are shit. Interviews are fake. Welcome to the world.

You changed your name lol. I remember you on this forum submitting a thousand posts the past couple years as I checked out this forum out of curiosity during my undergrad. Back then you were all fluffy and trying to leech off encouragements and help from others, now that you're in you're trying to shit on the future students. Great job. You make an amazing example out of the OT world, SO glad I got accepted into PT so i don't ever come across you. 'Healthcareeh' may have been faced with difficulties this year but this person will eventually enter the program and become an OT - and I hope that this person becomes a professional that's a thousand folds better than you and become far more successful. Best wishes to you in life, I feel your innate attitude will give you many problems throughout your career. Peace.

Cathartic isn't it? Yes I changed it this morning why? As long as you feel better. I admitted I misread the post and apologized directly to the OP. I'm sure you've missed it and thank you for allowing me to leech off your encouragement.

No worries, don't even think too much into it - I can't even begin to tell you the number of times I've misunderstood something :P

I'll be off to McMaster next year.

Also, thank you, my fire is very flattered hahah & your fire is also very admirable for apologizing to that applicant ;)

Congrats on getting in and best of luck! I have to go back to the lions den.

Applied: Queens, Toronto, Western, McMaster, University of Queensland (All OT)

sGPA: 3.76

cGPA: 3.56

Extracurriculars: nursing/retirement home, hospital, athletic therapy, chiropractic, therapeutic riding, chiropodist, family respite worker, shadowing OT and PT etc.

I felt good about my references, interview and my essays

Accepted: Western, McMaster, University of Queensland

Waitlisted: Toronto

Rejected: Queens

I think I will be accepting McMaster. This is my second year applying so I'm very excited! For all those who didn't get in, I know it feels like the end of the world right now but taking the year off really helped me to grow and learn about myself and it made it that much more exciting to get in this year. You can do it :)

Applied: Queen's OT

Accepted:

Waitlisted:

Rejected: Queen's

GPA: sGPA: 3.14 cGPA 2.91

Next year! I knew it was a long shot, but it was worth a try.

I love your optimism!!! Good luck next year! Your GPA is already not bad, and another year will bring it up to competitive! 

You got this!

I love your optimism!!! Good luck next year! Your GPA is already not bad, and another year will bring it up to competitive! 

You got this!

Thanks so much! I'll be in a much better place next year for sure. Good luck to you too, I looked back and saw you got into Dal - that's going to be awesome for you :)

Applied: Queens, Toronto, Western, McMaster, Manitoba, Alberta (OT)
sGPA: 3.77
cGPA: 3.30 

Accepted: McMaster, U of T, Manitoba
Waitlisted: Western
Rejected: Queens, Alberta 

I'm so grateful for the offers received because it's my 2nd time applying this year. I'm leaning towards U of T; but I had wonderful experiences at Mcmaster during the interview! 

I am currently on the wait list for Queen's OT  program and I was wondering when applicants will be contacted if a spot opens up. Since Queen's does not indicate where you rank on the wait list I am curious to know how the movement is and if quite a few people receive offers.

Anyone who has experienced this or has any knowledge on Queen's wait list I would appreciate any information. :)

Hi I posted this question earlier and I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge about the wait list for Queen's. 

Hi I posted this question earlier and I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge about the wait list for Queen's. 

I am not entirely sure if this is true for OT but I think i remember it being similar with Queen's PT. The waitlist didn't move much for the past 2 years for PT and I think it was similar for OT because they give out a lot more acceptances in anticipation of people declining. Again, I am not entirely sure but this is what I remember. If you skim through last year's forums i think you can get a hint of what the waitlist movement was like.

I am not entirely sure if this is true for OT but I think i remember it being similar with Queen's PT. The waitlist didn't move much for the past 2 years for PT and I think it was similar for OT because they give out a lot more acceptances in anticipation of people declining. Again, I am not entirely sure but this is what I remember. If you skim through last year's forums i think you can get a hint of what the waitlist movement was like.

Any ideas about Western's PT waitlist movement? They seem to be very secretive this year.

Any ideas about Western's PT waitlist movement? They seem to be very secretive this year.

It seems like I am the waitlist guru lool. I believe Western has a decent amount of waitlist movement in the past few years. I believe they don't give out as many offers in anticipation as other schools like UofT and Queen's. I believe their waitlist goes into the mid third but not sure how far into it. The recent probation on their program doesn't help either. I believe that it is being evaluated by the school of physiotherapy for its legitimacy. The acceptance letters last year included something like "you are accepting into a program that might not grant you a degree recognized by the school of physiotherapy". Western has always been secretive of their waitlist movements and what position you are in. I think they think it gives them an edge over other schools. I think it just gives the people on the waitlist more anxiety lol.

It seems like I am the waitlist guru lool. I believe Western has a decent amount of waitlist movement in the past few years. I believe they don't give out as many offers in anticipation as other schools like UofT and Queen's. I believe their waitlist goes into the mid third but not sure how far into it. The recent probation on their program doesn't help either. I believe that it is being evaluated by the school of physiotherapy for its legitimacy. The acceptance letters last year included something like "you are accepting into a program that might not grant you a degree recognized by the school of physiotherapy". Western has always been secretive of their waitlist movements and what position you are in. I think they think it gives them an edge over other schools. I think it just gives the people on the waitlist more anxiety lol.

Is western's OT program also on probation??

Is western's OT program also on probation??

It was my understanding that the Western PT program has or had an issue regarding accreditation of the program with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. I can't remember specific details. The OT program has nothing to do with the PT program and is accredited by an entirely different regulatory body. You will learn more than you want to about college regulations in your first year.

It was my understanding that the Western PT program has or had an issue regarding accreditation of the program with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. I can't remember specific details. The OT program has nothing to do with the PT program and is accredited by an entirely different regulatory body. You will learn more than you want to about college regulations in your first year.

Just to clear a few things up, as someone that's actively involved in the accreditation process at Western PT, we are fully accredited. 

Western underwent a review over the last few years to ensure the program is running as smoothly as it could possibly be and what the review showed was not a problem with the academics, professors, or overall quality of the education of students here. The problems they found were largely in the communication and organization of our administration. Our director, Bert Chesworth, has done an amazing job restructuring our administration and they've made a fantastic movement towards inclusion of students in every aspect of our school. 

Formerly, our accreditation status is "fully accredited, partially compliant," with the partially compliant referring to the fact that PEAC (the review board) wants to ensure that the changes made are long-term.

This is not the first time a physiotherapy program has been reviewed, nor will it the last, but I can ensure you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of the UWO MPT program. I've never met a more dedicated group of professors, and I've never been closer to a group of people than I am to my PT family, so please don't let rumours regarding our accreditation status deter you from coming to Western. 

Many of my friends have gone through the Western PT program and they are among the best therapists I've worked with. In several clinics I've worked in, the vast majority of the PT staff were all western grads. I would say that the western program is among the best in the country.

I am currently on the wait list for Queen's OT  program and I was wondering when applicants will be contacted if a spot opens up. Since Queen's does not indicate where you rank on the wait list I am curious to know how the movement is and if quite a few people receive offers.

Anyone who has experienced this or has any knowledge on Queen's wait list I would appreciate any information. :)

Hi I posted this question earlier and I would like to know if anyone has any information on Queen's waitlist!

Does anyone know how Rejections/ Acceptances / Waitlistings at Mcgill work post-interview?  .. I heard they don't actually send rejection letters; instead, they send out acceptances until 25 students accept their offers (starting from this week up to the day before school starts) .. Not sure how accurate this information is though. 

So anxious to hear from them ! 

Applied: UofT, Queen's, Ottawa, Dalhousie, UBC, McGill- (all OT)
Interview: UBC, Ottawa, McGill (Declined)

Accepted: UBC, Ottawa
Waitlisted:
Rejected: Queen's, UofT, Dal, McGill
GPA: cum 3.49, sub 3.54, UBC - 3.67 (I think? They only look at senior level courses, which benefited me a lot)

So for applicants who don't have the best GPA: don't despair! I was accepted to possibly 2 of the best OT schools in the country (IMO) with not the most competitive GPA - though I have an interesting personal story and a lot of OT-related experience.

Archived