Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

Applied: Queens, western, ubc - all OT

Accepted: queens - off the waitlist

Waitlist: ubc, queens

Rejected:western

GPA: 3.76

I've accepted queens but I'm still waiting for movement on the ubc wait list (I'm #7). If not I'm happy to have queens as an option.

When did you find out about the waitlist!? Congrats!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to decide between Queens and Dal for OT! Does anyone know the class size for Queens OT? And how hard it is to get placements out of province or internationally? thanks!

I believe class size is about 70 students and international placements are offered for the last semester but your grades must be over approximately 80% and you need to have references from faculty and maybe placements. I got this information from a student at Queens who just finished her first year.

Applied: McMaster, U of T, Queen's & UBC (all OT)

Accepted: UofT!

Waitlisted: McMaster (#39)

Rejected: UBC, Queen's

subGPA: 3.68 (3.73 for UofT)

cGPA: 3.4

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

ECs: Experience with a variety of mental health (Autism, psychosis, FAS, Dementia, learning developmental delays) with different populations (youth, young adults, elderly), demonstrated interest in OT for the past four years through direct work with an OT over several summers, integrated summer camp for children with disabilities that required accommodations, teaching special needs students (I have my B.Ed), experience planning mental health and anti-stigma workshops, experience making assessments/referrals in a couple jobs.

Essays: Unsure. I tried to back up every quality that I think would benefit the profession (and why) with an example from my extracurriculars.

References: One from the manager of the place I've worked for the past four years. Another from a prof who's class I did well in. I didn't see either.

Will be accepting: Toronto! It was always my first choice. I've wanted this for several years, so it's pretty emotional. Best of luck to everyone still on the list! I'm crossing my fingers for you.

haven't heard from McGill (PT) either... i cant count the times ive refreshed my emails in the last two weeks..

Me too :( .. have you tried calling them? I asked last thursday and they said they were still sending out invites .. no waitlist yet

Just called as well, they have already sent out the acceptance offers which people have until Wednesday to decide. Check your uapply, if your application says submitted still than I believe it means you are on a wait list, otherwise she said it would say declined (that is what I understood anyway). 

I have been wait listed apparently!  :mellow: still trying to keep hopeful! 

I have been waiting so long to make this post!!!

Applied: Queen's, UofT OT

Accepted: Queen's! (Off the waitlist)

Waitlisted:

Rejected: UofT

I was waitlisted at Queen's and was notified of my acceptance into the program today at 2:30pm!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly had no hopes this year but I guess my experiences and great references must have made up for my low gpa! I am super excited to start in September!

Best of luck to everyone that is on the waitlist!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived