Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my bad, yea mine is 4 hours too. So I'm assuming we will get concrete times once we get there.. Yup I'm an Ontario resident so I'm super excited just to travel down there. Heard it's really nice! 

Hehe :) it is! Lots of travelling for these interviews... don`t like all the expenses but it's worth it in the end :) I'm in Alberta. See you there! 

Did you hear back from them? :)

I did yes! Apparently this is quite good news (I'm honestly still paranoid that it is a mistake! It's so early!) but I have to wait for their "final decision" in a few weeks. Thanks for the support, guys!

If anyone is curious, I did not receive an interview for McGill or Manitoba, however. Congrats to those who did! It's a very exciting step forward for you all!!

Got an interview for McGill OT! 12:58pm Pacific. I'm from BC :) does anyone know how many people they typically interview?

From what I heard they have about 800 - 1000 OT applications - depending on the year and they interview around 80 to 100 people but not sure on exact number :) and this is just what I've heard and not sure if it's accurate either! 

I did yes! Apparently this is quite good news (I'm honestly still paranoid that it is a mistake! It's so early!) but I have to wait for their "final decision" in a few weeks. Thanks for the support, guys!

If anyone is curious, I did not receive an interview for McGill or Manitoba, however. Congrats to those who did! It's a very exciting step forward for you all!!

That's awesome :D to hear and I'm sure it's all positive for Dalhousie for you from now on! I've applied to Dalhousie as well but haven't heard anything. All the best :D keep hope! 

I got the same thing from dal too! I haven't contacted anyone but it is a good sign then?

Has anyone applied to schools outside of Canada? A physio that I work with advised me to look into England and Australia as back-ups. Tuition in Australia is insane ($38,500/year approx.). Has anyone else look into/considered this?

It is pretty expensive to study outside the country but if this is your passion, you should definitely consider it as back up but only the second time applying should you not get in the first time. That is what i am doing anyway. this is my first year applying. I hope i get in but should i not get in, i will apply to canadian schools in addition to foreign schools to better my chances. But definitely cheaper in Canada than outside. Goodluck 

PS: I shadowed a physio who studied in Australia(Sydney)  and she said the transition was easy. She even started working before writing her exams. Idk if it makes any difference to you. 

here are somelinks you might find helpful

http://www.oztrekk.com/programs/physio/PG/overview.php

http://www.alliancept.org/credential_scp_unitedkingdom.php

It is pretty expensive to study outside the country but if this is your passion, you should definitely consider it as back up but only the second time applying should you not get in the first time. That is what i am doing anyway. this is my first year applying. I hope i get in but should i not get in, i will apply to canadian schools in addition to foreign schools to better my chances. But definitely cheaper in Canada than outside. Goodluck 

PS: I shadowed a physio who studied in Australia(Sydney)  and she said the transition was easy. She even started working before writing her exams. Idk if it makes any difference to you. 

here a link you might find helpful

http://www.oztrekk.com/programs/physio/PG/overview.php

Thanks very much! I did look into a few schools abroad. Since my bachelor is unrelated, it looks like I may not be able to find a program outside of Canada. I will keep digging though!

I just received a "conditional acceptance" from Dalhousie for OT!!!

However in the e-mail they state that this means that the school has *recommended* me for acceptance but that the final decision is still to be made. Does anyone know how often someone who is recommended is denied at this stage? It seems really early for an acceptance, conditional or not, and this worries me. 

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I did too! It is confusing. I'm wondering if this means we have to keep up a B in our prerequiste courses? As long as we do this, are we for sure accepted?

I did too! It is confusing. I'm wondering if this means we have to keep up a B in our prerequiste courses? As long as we do this, are we for sure accepted?

I got the same thing from dal too! I haven't contacted anyone but it is a good sign then?

Hi! I'm sending you guys messages so I don't take up too much room on here, as other exciting things seem to be happening! 

I read it as having to keep a B in general for whatever courses are still ongoing, though I would suggest e-mailing the woman who sent the letters (her e-mail is at the bottom) to ask? If you do clarify, let us know!! Congrats to the both of you! Will you be accepting?

I just received an acceptance letter from the school of Graduate Studies from Dal for the OT program! 

Did anyone else get this or know if this is the final acceptance or if it's still conditional?

Thanks!

Hi Ash! There are a few of us who have - was it an official snail-mail letter? I received both the "conditional acceptance" email as well as a "welcome to graduate studies" email this morning (which is not the official email). Did you get the original conditional email as well? 

Hi Ash! There are a few of us who have - was it an official snail-mail letter? I received both the "conditional acceptance" email as well as a "welcome to graduate studies" email this morning (which is not the official email). Did you get the original conditional email as well? 

Yes, I have received both those emails. No snail-mail letter yet (It says it is on the way in the "welcome to grad studies" email)

Congratulations to those who got invited for an interview. I applied to QYOT at Mcgill as well, I did not get any email. Does anyone know if they will send an email even if you're rejected? I just sent in my QYPT detail request from admission and hope I will hear from them.

Archived