Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to those who got invited for an interview. I applied to QYOT at Mcgill as well, I did not get any email. Does anyone know if they will send an email even if you're rejected? I just sent in my QYPT detail request from admission and hope I will hear from them.

Hey Fisio,when I was rejected last year from the QYOT I did not get any email until early May. I finally got an invitation this year but for those who didn't, I think there might still technically be a slight chance to get an interview.It states in their email that If applicants don't confirm their attendance before a certain date, their candidacy will no longer be considered and another candidate will be invited in their place. So, don't lose hope too quickly :)

Hey Fisio,when I was rejected last year from the QYOT I did not get any email until early May. I finally got an invitation this year but for those who didn't, I think there might still technically be a slight chance to get an interview.It states in their email that If applicants don't confirm their attendance before a certain date, their candidacy will no longer be considered and another candidate will be invited in their place. So, don't lose hope too quickly :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement Boa!

I was wondering when you got your email and if the QYOT is just for OT. Is the qualifying year at Mcgill both PT and OT combined into one program? I applied for PT, so I am wondering if there is still a chance for me to receive an invitation.

I was wondering when you got your email and if the QYOT is just for OT. Is the qualifying year at Mcgill both PT and OT combined into one program? I applied for PT, so I am wondering if there is still a chance for me to receive an invitation.

Last year, I got the refusal letter around May 6th 2014. This year, I received the invite email on March 26th 2015.Keep in mind this is for QYOT only, so I don't know the official dates for the PT program.

All of those who applied to UofA OT:

Looking through forums it appeared that acceptances were sent out March 31-April 2nd for the first round last year. Do you think they'll try to send out acceptances roughly at the same time this year? 

Possibly - if that is the case we start finding out tomorrow!!! :D

Looking through forums it appeared that acceptances were sent out March 31-April 2nd for the first round last year. Do you think they'll try to send out acceptances roughly at the same time this year? 

Do you know if they send this by email or do you have to check Beartracks?

Do you know if they send this by email or do you have to check Beartracks?

I have no clue! I was wondering if anyone else new anything more about that? I was told before that we don't use a Beartracks account this year because they switched to a new electronic application system. 

I have no clue! I was wondering if anyone else new anything more about that? I was told before that we don't use a Beartracks account this year because they switched to a new electronic application system. 

Oh really - that's weird, why did they give us the account if we won't be using it? :o I'm getting so nervous!! From reading past forums it looks like everyone was notified by email :)

Mine says that too :) Hmmm okay - thank you :)

When were we notified to use beartracks? I got an email once I submitted my application that says:

'Tracking your Application

Your application can be monitored online via the ApplyGrad portal. Please continue to use your ApplyGrad login email address xxxxxxxxxx and password to sign in. After logging in, you may review your application status by selecting the "My Applications" tab in the top left-hand corner of the page.' 

So I just keep looking at the website we applied on! 

Hey guys! On the U of A website it says that we will be notified via email regarding the interviews through our U of A email. This was provided to you when you first originally set up your application. It is something@ualberta.ca and uses gmail - you will not receive notice through BearTracks!

Hey guys! On the U of A website it says that we will be notified via email regarding the interviews through our U of A email. This was provided to you when you first originally set up your application. It is something@ualberta.ca and uses gmail - you will not receive notice through BearTracks!

Isn't it just the email we used to apply, on the Applygrad site? So if you were a UoA student you would have a UofA email address. If you were a student from another institution you just created an account with your regular email and they'll use that? At least for OT, we don't have interviews. 

I was reading the U of A website and it says "Students with a very strong GPA (3.8+) and overall application will be recommended for acceptance or conditional acceptance by the end of April of the admission year."  :( I swear their website used to say "end of March" but now it seems like we may not hear until the end of April.. I hope I'm wrong!

When were we notified to use beartracks? I got an email once I submitted my application that says:

'Tracking your Application

Your application can be monitored online via the ApplyGrad portal. Please continue to use your ApplyGrad login email address xxxxxxxxxx and password to sign in. After logging in, you may review your application status by selecting the "My Applications" tab in the top left-hand corner of the page.' 

So I just keep looking at the website we applied on! 

I assumed it was Bear Tracks because of this in the email we got for it:

Bear Tracks allows you to:

- update your contact information (address, phone number & e-mail address),

- view your application status including required items and admission decision,

- view the course listings and search the class schedule.

Also, because they didn't upload one of my references till later and told me that it wouldn't show on the Applygrad site portal due to it not being changed anymore. 

But from what I see we will be notified by email anyways that we provided :)

I was reading the U of A website and it says "Students with a very strong GPA (3.8+) and overall application will be recommended for acceptance or conditional acceptance by the end of April of the admission year."  :( I swear their website used to say "end of March" but now it seems like we may not hear until the end of April.. I hope I'm wrong!

Ughhh I hope that isn't correct :( it would be nice to know if I made it for U of A before I go to the U of M interview, cause if I did then I actually wouldn't be attending and it would give the spot open to someone else, but since I have no clue I can't risk not going just in case... I really hope we find out in like a week or so! I wonder what they had on the website last year in regards to given notice?

Hmmm that's for PT and not OT right - since we don't have interviews with U of A for OT? 

:) you can also forward it to your personal email so you ensure you don't miss anything!

Wow, I had no idea that I was given a U of A email address - I just found it on Beartracks under the "personal information" heading. I guess I will check that email from now on!

I don't even have beartracks! I'm very confused! How did all you OT applicants even sign up for a bear track account!? I was not emailed anything about this. Please explain:) 

Archived