Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

I don't even have beartracks! I'm very confused! How did all you OT applicants even sign up for a bear track account!? I was not emailed anything about this. Please explain:) 

Oh that's strange! Are you sure there was no email giving you a Campus Computing ID? I received an email from U of A - they gave me a CCID for Bear tracks and a password, and gave me a link to follow to change the password. Maybe you should contact the university to ask for your username/password?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even have beartracks! I'm very confused! How did all you OT applicants even sign up for a bear track account!? I was not emailed anything about this. Please explain:) 

I received the email about Bear Tracks about three days after providing my application payment. The subject line for the one I received is "University of Alberta: Registrar's message regarding Bear Tracks access". It was sent to my personal email too and just explained what it was for and that I would receive my password and CCID a couple of days after that to get access to my U of A email account, which is how they would be communicating from then on and Bear Tracks.

I received the email about Bear Tracks about three days after providing my application payment. The subject line for the one I received is "University of Alberta: Registrar's message regarding Bear Tracks access". It was sent to my personal email too and just explained what it was for and that I would receive my password and CCID a couple of days after that to get access to my U of A email account, which is how they would be communicating from then on and Bear Tracks.

I would definitely call as soon as possible to see what happened?

Thank you so much! That explains a lot!! Its funny, because I called a few days after I had submitted my application waiting for this type of information, and the individual on the phone said that we wouldn't be receiving information for beartracks and that it was a glitch! I guess I was misinformed AND didn't receive an email. 

Thank you so much! That explains a lot!! Its funny, because I called a few days after I had submitted my application waiting for this type of information, and the individual on the phone said that we wouldn't be receiving information for beartracks and that it was a glitch! I guess I was misinformed AND didn't receive an email. 

You're welcome :D Oh gosh - no that's wrong information given to you. Call them now and ask about it :) 

If you're talking about OT I have no idea as to when you can expect to hear back from them as there is no interview process, like you mentioned. I just know that for PT the website says this:

cants can expect to hear about the status of their applications as of April 1, 2015. Interview offers and declines will be sent to their University of Alberta email address***

I'm an OOP applicant so my fingers are crossed... As far as to what email we can expect to hear on, it does state that it will be the U of A email address (although I can't seem to find where I found this information). It does say this regarding BearTracks though:

Should I check BearTracks to monitor the status of my application?

No, the Department of Physical Therapy does not use BearTracks for admissions purposes. Please log in to the Online Supplemental Application regularly to verify documentation has been received by our Department and to view any messages we may leave for you.

Just got the email decision from UBC - I was placed on the waiting list at #4. Although I'm out of province and knew this would play a factor I thought I had a good chance of being accepted first try. Must say I'm upset but will keep my head up. Does anyone have any clue what's the likelihood of getting in with that number on waiting list?

Check your emails everyone and good luck :) 

Applied: UofT; Western; Queens; McMaster - all OT... figured with each school having such different priorities for acceptances that I might as well apply to them all to increase my chances! 

Accepted:

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

GPA: (cum and sub) sGPA 3.885 cGPA 3.885

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: 

I think my essays are strong, but I also have no idea what they will be looking for so I always start to second-guess myself! I lived with my grandmother as a live-in caregiver (she has Alzheimer's) for three years while attending university and wrote about the difference that OT made in the household's lifestyle & also about my experiences as a camp counsellor working with children who have disabilities. 

My references should be relatively strong, but neither is from a healthcare professional - one is from my on-campus boss (in a position where I do interact one-on-one with students identifying and assessing needs etc., so it kind of relates?) and the academic should be strong as I've had the prof several times and TA for him (but I didn't get to read either! I'm very jealous of those of you that have.. it would help with the anxiety some?)

I can't believe there's four more months until we know anything! 

Im in Western OT and I got first round acceptance with 3.8, you should be good

Wow April 8 is so late, last year they came out on April 4. For those of us who have exams and need to make arrangements that leaves almost no time

I was told the 8th is the latest, so maybe they'll be sent today or tmr? fingers crossed!

Hey guys! I just called Pamela Potts and this is what the voicemall said:

Emails will be sent no later than April 8 at 4:00pm and the current cutoff for Ot is 3.69 and PT is 3.85 - jeez what a jump from last year's cutoff (3.59 and 3.77)

Hey guys! I just called Pamela Potts and this is what the voicemall said:

Emails will be sent no later than April 8 at 4:00pm and the current cutoff for Ot is 3.69 and PT is 3.85 - jeez what a jump from last year's cutoff (3.59 and 3.77)

Wow that is unbelievable. I guess my 3.85 sGPA is nothing now.

Archived