Premed 101 Forums

Canadian Citizenship

Guest iownhonda

Guest iownhonda

Hi,

While I was completing the AMCAS application form, I came across a question that asks for your place of birth. Is this question asking for your current citizenship status? I am confused because I wasn't born in Canada but I am a Canadian citizen.

How do admissions people know you're Canadian if they never ask you in the application? I did both of my elementary and secondary schooling in Canada.

Thanks

Guest Jochi1543

Well, you will give them your current address, won't you? Plus I know on college applications they explicitly ask you "are you a US citizen or permanent resident," and there's usually a blank where you write in your citizenship if you answer "no" to the above question. Plus, they will also see that you are Canadian in your educational history, if you went to school here.

They are asking you for your place of birth, not where you grew up or anything like that, so go ahead and put in the place where you were born.

Guest marbledust
Well, you will give them your current address, won't you?

Umm...but that doesn't indicate anything. It's very possible to be living in a country in which you are not a citizen or born in--like yourself Jochi.

On most post-secondary applications I have ever filled out (and it has been more than a few), they usually have a question about place of birth and a separate one asking about your citizenship. That should be the case...but maybe not on this application?

Guest Jochi1543
Umm...but that doesn't indicate anything. It's very possible to be living in a country in which you are not a citizen or born in--like yourself Jochi.

I always forget that while I consider myself American, some people won't.:P

Archived