Premed 101 Forums

"continue to review" pile

Guest anbit

hi,

a few schools (chicago, penn state, gw) have gotten back to me saying that i'm in a 'continue to review' pile. i'm just wondering, what are the chances of actually getting an interview if you're on this pile? do most people who get in get an interview without being put on this hold list?

Thanks

I've gotten 3 interviews so far without being put on hold and I've been put in the "hold" pile for 2 schools. I haven't heard from the other schools yet. I'm guessing it depends on the school and the competitiveness of their applicant pools. With regards to the chances of getting an interview off the hold list - I have no idea. Again, it probably depends on the applicant pool. If they feel they have interviewed a sufficient number of applicants then they probably wont consider applicants put on hold.

Hope this helps.

Madz

Guest VwDubber
hi,

a few schools (chicago, penn state, gw) have gotten back to me saying that i'm in a 'continue to review' pile. i'm just wondering, what are the chances of actually getting an interview if you're on this pile? do most people who get in get an interview without being put on this hold list?

Thanks

have you tried contacting the schools to see if you can find out more about what your chances are (realistically) of getting an interview from the hold pool?

If it's one of the schools you would really like to attend, then maybe consider writing a letter of intent and then include any new info (ie. a new research paper, etc) which might help tip the scales in your favor :)

I know how stressful the process can be so .. g'luck :) .

Archived