Premed 101 Forums

dumb question, please help with advice

Guest QuestionMan23213

Guest QuestionMan23213

I hope someone can offer some insight on a rather dumb question I have. im filling out the electronic secondary application for U of Vermont and one of the questions on criminal convictions is requesting that we list any convictions including speeding tickets under this section. Does putting a speeding ticket under this section make an applicant look 'bad'? Im wondering if it would be a big deal if i just withheld this info (my speeding tickets) since I live in Canada, though we do hvae to submit police checks (if admitted) and im not sure if this info appears on them. It specifically says speeding tickets must be reported.

I know this is stupid to dwell on but advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Guest kellyl20

they are checkable by driver's license # and name,

so unless the name that appears on your driver's license is different from the one your are using now.....

Guest Elaine I

Speeding tickets do not show up on a Criminal Record Check. They do, however, show up on a driver's abstract.

My guess is that somewhere you have to sign something that states that if you don't disclose all information asked, your application might be nullified. Personally (although I'm not applying in the US), I would hate to take that chance.

Elaine

Archived