Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may sound stupid and I am sorry if it is, but I am slightly concerned about the length of time we have to speak for these MMI stations.  When I did my interview at McGill, it was an MMI and we were continuously prompted with follow up questions and what not if we ran out of stuff to say.  I have been practicing like crazy but for questions where we are given say an ethical scenario, I can summarize my thought process in about 4 mins.  Will the examiner have follow up questions or will I most likely be looking at 4 mins of silence? 

Hey all,

I am looking to host a dinner this Saturday night for those interviewing at Mac this upcoming weekend. This would be a very informal way to meet some of your peers and relax pre- or post- interview. I am not involved in the admissions process, but I can answer any lingering questions as well. Send me a PM if you can make it, and I will gauge interest and get back to you with details.

Dang, I'm coming in for the morning, but having someone drive me so we'll be heading back after the tour. Have fun!

I had a bad dream a few months ago that I showed up on time for my interview but had forgotten my photo - and I still haven't printed one, so that's on my to do list for today!

Dang, I'm coming in for the morning, but having someone drive me so we'll be heading back after the tour. Have fun!

I had a bad dream a few months ago that I showed up on time for my interview but had forgotten my photo - and I still haven't printed one, so that's on my to do list for today!

I emailed them to ask about the photo. The message just said passport size. There aren't any additional requirements, are there?

I emailed them to ask about the photo. The message just said passport size. There aren't any additional requirements, are there?

Not that I know of. I just only have a black and white printer so I had to get someone to take a photo of me and then take it to a kiosk at the drug store. Surprisingly difficult to find the time with a new baby. But it's done except for getting out the paper cutter when I get home.

I had to get my passport renewed so i just grabbed an extra colour copy.  So I am going to hand in a very angry picture of me at registration.

And for Western they wanted a 4x6 so they will have an even larger angry colour picture of me.

I'm trying to travel light since I have to find my way around Toronto and I was wondering what things are like up that way? We're still in winter hell right now, so I wear my clunky Kamik boots everywhere. Could I get by with light spring boots or sneakers for making my way around in Toronto and Hamilton yet?

It's super warm here. Today was around 10-11 degrees? And it hasn't been less than 0 for a week or so now.

I'm trying to travel light since I have to find my way around Toronto and I was wondering what things are like up that way? We're still in winter hell right now, so I wear my clunky Kamik boots everywhere. Could I get by with light spring boots or sneakers for making my way around in Toronto and Hamilton yet?

It's super warm here. Today was around 10-11 degrees? And it hasn't been less than 0 for a week or so now.

We still have six feet of snow on the ground. That is not an exaggeration. Got another 50cm yesterday and it's going to be -17 with the windchill tomorrow. Geez, I think I'm going to want to stay there, hah.

If anyone has yet to find a place to stay the night before their interview, please feel free to message me and I can accommodate. (For this coming weekend March 21st or 22nd)

Hi Trojjan, sent you a message a couple of months ago but it looks like you haven't had a chance to read it. I'd appreciate it if you could look into it and send me a response if it's not too much trouble :) 

Hi Trojjan, sent you a message a couple of months ago but it looks like you haven't had a chance to read it. I'd appreciate it if you could look into it and send me a response if it's not too much trouble :)

Hi thsc,

Sorry about that, sometimes I read messages on my phone and wait until I get to a laptop to reply and I must have forgotten this time. I've responded to it just now. Good luck.

Archived