Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone who have received interviews so far! This is definitely a stressful time but just hang in there, you're in the home stretch(ish)!

Several people have requested to practice interviewing with the MPI style and I thought I would offer myself as a resource for this type of interview practice. If you want to ask general questions about it or having an actual practice session, just PM me and we can set something up. Obviously I can't provide details about the questions asked but knowing a bit about the process is better than going in completely blind! Right?!

On the stats page it shows that the MD/PhD interviewers have an interview each day of that weekend, one being for MD and one for MD/PhD. So I feel like (with no confirmation) one of the days will be partially or totally dedicated to MD/PhD applicants and one will be a normal MD interview day.

Hey guys. Since all MD/PhD interview invites came out already last Friday, and all MD/PhD interviews seem to be on one weekend, can we assume (if we applied for MD/PhD) we're not going to get an interview invite for MD/PhD if we haven't gotten one already?

I called their office, and they said that they were still in the process of sending out invites for MD/PhD. They said all invites would be out by this week. Maybe you could call again to re-confirm?

Sent an email but I should have asked specifically what is the final date the last invites will be sent out. If they don't tell me in the email, I'll call and ask

Did anyone get a reply after you confirmed your attendance at the MD/PhD interview? I replied but never got a confirmation, so now I'm worried my email didn't go through.

Give them a call if you're really worried. Their contact number should be listed in the signature of the email.

I remember them saying that they will try their best to "haunt you down" for a response. They do not take no response as a decline.

Give them a call if you're really worried. Their contact number should be listed in the signature of the email.

I remember them saying that they will try their best to "haunt you down" for a response. They do not take no response as a decline.

LOL 'haunt' haha

Hey,

Just wondering if the 1st two interview dates (Feb 21, 22) are generally only reserved for MD/PhD students? Or can the MD applicants also expect to be interviewed that early?

Thanks! :)

Most certain there will be regular interviews on both dates. The Feb. 21st interview is a special one for MD/PhD, and the Feb. 22nd is just a normal MD interview with all the other applicants in the MD stream. I assume on the 21st, the MD interviews will take place in the Medical Sciences Building at the main St. George campus, while our MD/PhD interviews are taking place in a hospital across the street.

So it looks like so far this week, no new interviews have been sent out, while 3 were sent out last Friday?

I know it could just mean that no one who received an interview lately happens to go on premed101, but perhaps they are waiting to make decisions and will plan on releasing a bunch of decision at once at the end of this week?

Also, UofT said they release decisions 2 weeks in advance... Technically not this weekend but the weekend after (Feb 7) is 2 weeks in advance. So do you think they will still have decisions to be released next week as well?

(Sorry for being antsy about this! Just nervous as heck)

So it looks like so far this week, no new interviews have been sent out, while 3 were sent out last Friday?

I know it could just mean that no one who received an interview lately happens to go on premed101, but perhaps they are waiting to make decisions and will plan on releasing a bunch of decision at once at the end of this week?

Also, UofT said they release decisions 2 weeks in advance... Technically not this weekend but the weekend after (Feb 7) is 2 weeks in advance. So do you think they will still have decisions to be released next week as well?

(Sorry for being antsy about this! Just nervous as heck)

I think so, we should expect  2 weeks notice or even less. I am really nervous too!

They seem to try to give 2 weeks notice but it was pretty variable last year.  For the January interview weekend in 2014 some people got 1> week notice, and then I got my invite about a month in advance

I guess that makes sense. Give out the interviews to the applicants they are sure about early, and, if that applicant refuses the interview, they have more time to give an interview spot to another applicant.

Does the order of invites (for one specific interview day) reflect the ranking?

Like for the Feb 20/21 interviews, are the people who received interviews first likely higher in the ranking? I'm curious as to whether they have made decisions yet for all applicants at this point and are sending them out at a random order or if they still have a number of applicants to review. 

Does the order of invites (for one specific interview day) reflect the ranking?

Like for the Feb 20/21 interviews, are the people who received interviews first likely higher in the ranking? I'm curious as to whether they have made decisions yet for all applicants at this point and are sending them out at a random order or if they still have a number of applicants to review. 

I am pretty sure that there isn't a rank (I read this somewhere on their website). It's rolling invites, which means that they are going to be sending invites as they review the applications. 

Won't they send the rejections out until all invites are out, that means some time in March?

I am pretty sure that there isn't a rank (I read this somewhere on their website). It's rolling invites, which means that they are going to be sending invites as they review the applications. 

Archived