Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't have any impact if you go or do not go.  There are interviews in the afternoon during the bus tour, so those individuals - like myself - won't be able to go on it that day anyway. 

Could somebody confirm that the bus tour to MAM is not a part of the "interview day" assessment? I know schools says that the whole day you will be assessed but whether or not you go on this tour should have no impact right? 

Could somebody confirm that the bus tour to MAM is not a part of the "interview day" assessment? I know schools says that the whole day you will be assessed but whether or not you go on this tour should have no impact right?

We absolutely will not be assessing you during the MAM tours! We just want to show you how amazing MAM is :) Whether or not you want to go is up to you (but it will be fun so you should definitely join)!

Thanks Leon.

What about after interview? Is there any formula used for final selection, like: %GPA+%interview score+%MCAT+%others?

It's not published. In the past, people speculated the interview is worth 20% but I don't think that applies after they changed to MPI. All I know is the MCAT is a screen to get an interview (in the past). I would not worry about the formula so just do your best at your interview and wait till may! 

No, the MPI is the only part of the interview itself. The rest of the day is to sell you the school pretty much and show you what UofT has to offer. So relax and enjoy after you're done! :)

It is my (shaky) understanding that only regrets are sent out early in the process if you didn't reach a minimum (GPA or MCAT) or failed to complete a portion of the application. The rest of us will have to wait until the last batch of interviews are sent out along with all of the rejections. It is truly a gruelling process, with repeated high hopes every day you know interviews are going out. We're all in the same boat and can only hope we are simply farther into the pile that they haven't gotten to yet.

My last application was two years ago and Im fairly certain the rejections were sent out the second Friday of March. Then again, the dates are much later this year and if this "two weeks before interview date" keeps up, we may be waiting until April 4th! :(

Edit: I realized I didn't exactly answer your question. My best guess is that reviewed files that have not been invited are put into a pile of "probably won't interview". Those at the top of that pile may be revisited as interviews are being conducted and they start the decision process. This is just a theory though.

Why cannot they send out at least all rejections out earlier? :rolleyes:

It is my (shaky) understanding that only regrets are sent out early in the process if you didn't reach a minimum (GPA or MCAT) or failed to complete a portion of the application. The rest of us will have to wait until the last batch of interviews are sent out along with all of the rejections. It is truly a gruelling process, with repeated high hopes every day you know interviews are going out. We're all in the same boat and can only hope we are simply farther into the pile that they haven't gotten to yet.
My last application was two years ago and Im fairly certain the rejections were sent out the second Friday of March. Then again, the dates are much later this year and if this "two weeks before interview date" keeps up, we may be waiting until April 4th! :(
Edit: I realized I didn't exactly answer your question. My best guess is that reviewed files that have not been invited are put into a pile of "probably won't interview". Those at the top of that pile may be revisited as interviews are being conducted and they start the decision process. This is just a theory though.

Are more coming out today or was last night the only batch (just like the Feb interviews)?

Edit: As an aside, did anyone get a March 7th interview date yet?

I really hope more are coming out today! But I noticed that on the invite thread some people got an invite at 7 pm and others at 5 pm. So if they were continuously sending invites from 5 to 7 pm, I doubt they have more to send for today :( ....unless they only sent a few invites at 5 pm and then a few at 7pm 

Archived