Premed 101 Forums

Rosalind Franklin 2ndary app Help

Guest QuestionMan23213

Guest QuestionMan23213

Hey guys, i was hoping to seek some advice from fellow applicants regarding one of the essays im completing. At Rosalind Franklin, they have asked applicants to answer the follwoing question in essay format. I am at a loss of ideas for this one... I was thinking of talking about all teh volunteer work ive done in my life that lead me to volunteer overseas last year in a developing country but i did already briefly talk about that in my primary application under work experience/activities and also briefly mentioned it in the actual essay as well. Anyways, any suggestions or advice on this question? Ive never really come accross a question quite so vague.. I dont know if the volunteer work is cliche but again talking about academics/research experience also seems pretty typical. Any help would be great.

"At Rosalind Franklin University, we celebrate and support a Life in Discovery. Briefly describe how you foster growth and discovery in one aspect of your life (academic or personal).'

Guest ubcredfox

How do you foster discovery in your life? Describe something that taught you something - ANYTHING - does NOT have to be med related.

e.g. I talked about my time sailing, and I got an interview.

Oh, and I think it may be a plus to talk about something DIFFERENT. We all know you want to be a doctor because helping people has changed you deeply, and has made you see life in a different way (right? :) ) and so, maybe try to show them what something else, completely unrelated to school or medicine, has taught you.

Look inside yourself.

Archived