Premed 101 Forums

Mmi Practice

For those who are lucky enough to be in Montreal... I recommend signing up for CaPS MMI practice sessions (they were very helpful for me).

Also, have a look at the low-cost MMI prep available through MedCoach (coaching gave by current medical students that are raising money for charity: all proceeds from the MMI prep sessions will be donated).

For those who are lucky enough to be in Montreal... I recommend signing up for CaPS MMI practice sessions (they were very helpful for me).

Also, have a look at the low-cost MMI prep available through MedCoach (coaching gave by current medical students that are raising money for charity: all proceeds from the MMI prep sessions will be donated).

Is there a website to sign up for CaPS MMI practice sessions? And what if we're not a student from McGill? Is it still possible to sign up?

I agree! I went to this as well and it was awesome! 

They are already full. Even myself as a McGillian didn't have a spot! :(

I also went to a seminar offered by CaPS on MMIs, it discussed how you should approach questions and what the best way to prepare is. There weren't any practice questions but it was helpful nevertheless. You may want to see if this is offered again this year! I looked up the email confirm from last year and it was called "Medical School Applicants: It’s all about the interview". 

does anyone know how the mcgill's interview is structured? are medical and dental students in the same cycle?

I think so, they are on the same day. Also, students who were invited to do both interviews for MDCM and DMD are only going to give one interview. 

But I do want to know the structure. We were told that there were 10 stations (of various natures), 10 minutes each.  Is it a "read the prompt for x minute" and "discuss for y minutes"? Is there are traditional station (where they ask you about your PS and CV)? Is there are rest station.

If anyone could help! :) 

Archived