Premed 101 Forums

Urgent - Documents Not Received

I am sorry to post this thread in multiple locations, but wanted to make sure no one misses this.  If you were contacted by McMaster saying a reference wasn't received, it may also not have been received at other universities.  It was only because I followed up with OUAC and U of T that I found out one of my references wasn't received there either even though it was received at OMSAS in the first 10 days of October.

There seems to have been an issue with the upload from OMSAS to the individual skills because OMSAS indicated to me that they had in fact sent all 3 references to each school but somehow one didn't make it through.

Sorry to hear that you're in this situation. I think that your best course of action would be to contact the admissions office at the respective medical schools and explain the situation to them. Perhaps it'd also be possible to ask OMSAS to contact each of the schools directly?

Good luck!

Sorry to hear that you're in this situation. I think that your best course of action would be to contact the admissions office at the respective medical schools and explain the situation to them. Perhaps it'd also be possible to ask OMSAS to contact each of the schools directly?

Good luck!

I've been able to get it all sorted out.  Both OMSAS and the universities felt the problem was on the other end, but they've been able to sort it out.  I received an invite from McMaster and apparently won't be disqualified from U of T either.

Archived