Premed 101 Forums

U Of T Dentistry After 3Rd Year

Hi everyone

I plan on applying to U of T dentistry in my third year (i.e. getting admitted after completing 90 credits). My GPA/DAT should be competitive for entrance during 4th year:

GPA: 4.00

AA: 23

PAT: 21

However, would they be competitive for 3rd year entrance? How much higher do scores need to be to get in a year earlier? Essentially, I'm wondering whether I should re-do my DAT in November.

Thanks

While obviously a troll, in case people are curious, dentistry is mostly a marks game where ECs or references don't matter much - and even the DAT, above a decent score, does not.  The interview of course is important.

This person has a very good chance of course.  Even with a mediocre interview, probably still has a chance as a third year.

I'm under the impression that a 3.9+ 22±1 is pretty much standard for U of T. My question was about how much tougher it is to get in a year earlier. What does that have to do with having common sense?

The fact that you have 4.0 and 23AA and you're still asking if that's competitive. I hope I didn't offend you but with stats like those, you should be able to have some bit of common sense or atleast look up premed101's past UofT acceptance threads for those who got in their 3rd year. But to answer your question, obviously you're competitive. 

Hi everyone

I plan on applying to U of T dentistry in my third year (i.e. getting admitted after completing 90 credits). My GPA/DAT should be competitive for entrance during 4th year:

GPA: 4.00

AA: 23

PAT: 21

However, would they be competitive for 3rd year entrance? How much higher do scores need to be to get in a year earlier? Essentially, I'm wondering whether I should re-do my DAT in November.

Thanks

Hello buccalup, your stats should be able to get you to the interview stage this year. However, the CDA interview scores were quite high for U of T in the past several years. If you really wish to start Dental School this September, you should focus on your CDA prep and be ready when the actual interview comes.

• 1 month later...

Archived