Premed 101 Forums

Same essay twice?

Guest DoNair

I just today received in the mail a secondary application from the University of Hawaii (they screen applicants first). I am to write 2 essays and snail-mail it by Nov 11 (postmarked). This means I have essentially 3 days to put together coherent essays.

One of the essay questions is as follows:

"Describe succinctly the important experience(s) in your life which began the process that motivated you to enter the career of medicine."

My problem is that I wrote all about this for the essay that is sent with the AMCAS primary application.

Would I be shooting myself in the foot if I sent that same essay again, or at least a modified version of that essay? I can't exactly write a very good essay in the short time span I have because I will be working 8 hour shifts those days.

To moo and the rest of the students familiar with the U.S. med school application process, what do you guys suggest I do?

Thanks

I suggest writing a different essay, seeing as they already have your AMCAS essay. This can be used as an opportunity to expand on some important points made in your AMCAS essay which you weren't able to describe throughly due to the character limit.

Madz

If there are key things that you wish to highlights or explain in more details from your first AAMCAS application, you can repeat them in these essays. They usually have more space then the AAMCAS one.

But more or less you summarized your whole life in the first one. So you have to touch on the same things.

Good luck, 3 days hmmmm crazy.

Guest VwDubber
Would I be shooting myself in the foot if I sent that same essay again, or at least a modified version of that essay? I can't exactly write a very good essay in the short time span I have because I will be working 8 hour shifts those days

i know you don't have a lot of time but I would definately submit a modified version. whatever you do, don't submit the same personal statement essay on your amcas.

g'luck

------------------------------------

www.futuredoc.ca/forums

The Future Doc Network: A site dedicated to Canadian Applicants seeking admission to medical school in the United States

• 8 years later...

It is known that now days a lot of essay writing services are there in the internet. And choosing the writing one is the most important thing that you must need to do in all aspects. And also if you need a proper and also as well a reliable one you can just use the essay writing service that will give you a proper output in all ways. And also the main fact is that, this essay writing will gives you the most trust worthy in all ways, that is buy custom essays online is always good in their writing content and also their budget for the orders is also better compare to the other essay writing services.

Archived