Premed 101 Forums

Yea if they don't come out today, which it really doesn't seem like they are im just giving up on checking everyday. I am going to just go back to school work and ignoring this. I was excited for them to come out, but now it seems like might be one of the latest release dates yet.. so when i see the email i see the email i guess 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This feeling is like a kid waiting for Christmas, but you don't know what day Christmas is and you don't know if you were good or bad...

I would actually prefer if they just said okay from now on the release date is say march 20th, hell even march 25th. Then we at least know.. having to wonder if everyday will be the day for most of ma

Gahh, do you think admissions will say anything today? I don't think they'll say anything unless decisions won't be out this week which I think (hope/pray) is unlikely. I still think tomorrow or Thursday are most likely (still holding on to that last shred of hope for today though), and I don't think they'll say anything if that is the case. 

Yeah, I'm getting progressively more pessimistic about this week. :( It's so discouraging to be so on edge all the time without any guarantee that the news will come soon OR that they will be good.

Exactly. I don't even want to know the amount of hours I've wasted here, refreshing the app status and my email when I should be doing other school related things :/ I'm sooo tired of waiting. 

Yeah, I'm getting progressively more pessimistic about this week. :( It's so discouraging to be so on edge all the time without any guarantee that the news will come soon OR that they will be good.

I would actually prefer if they just said okay from now on the release date is say march 20th, hell even march 25th. Then we at least know.. having to wonder if everyday will be the day for most of march is sort of crappy :P

I also think they should stop taking ALL NB, PEI, and NS applications. Maybe just even take the top 60% that would shave off a lot of applicants, but likely make no change to who ends up getting in anyway 

Everyone keeps mentioning the before noon cutoff. Has anyone confirmed (with Dal or with med students) that it's always or usually sent out in the morning?

I live in Taiwan so if it comes in the afternoon it'll be the middle of the night for me... Here's hoping its before noon and tomorrow or Thursday. I'm so sick of wondering but am so grateful for this forum as a form of emotional support and so I don't feel alone in my anxiety/agony! Cheers everyone.

Everyone keeps mentioning the before noon cutoff. Has anyone confirmed (with Dal or with med students) that it's always or usually sent out in the morning?

I live in Taiwan so if it comes in the afternoon it'll be the middle of the night for me... Here's hoping its before noon and tomorrow or Thursday. I'm so sick of wondering but am so grateful for this forum as a form of emotional support and so I don't feel alone in my anxiety/agony! Cheers everyone.

I can't confirm whether it is a strict cut-off but last year I received my letter at 10am (Atlantic time)

I would love even a "decision letters will not be sent this week" again, or a "not tomorrow". The amount of productivity this is robbing from me is insane.

Glad to here it's not just me. I like to consider myself a rational person, but when it comes to this all logic goes out the window and I can't focus on school for more than about 30 seconds without checking my email/Dalonline again.

Doesn't help that my friends/family keep asking why I haven't heard yet...

To anyone who applied last year, do you recall where they announced that there were more applicants than in previous years? I remember learning of that pretty early on in the application process, but I can't remember where. I haven't heard that this year (has anyone else?), so I'm starting to wonder what's taking so long? I'm also wondering if this is just first time jitters for the new Admissions Committee? 

I don't remember them announcing anything. If it was announced, it was probably from one of the AAMS reps.

Another thing we haven't considered are the incidents involving dal med students this past fall. Maybe its a more intensive screening process this year?

Who even knows at this point, it could be anything. If it is because of what happened last fall, I apologize on behalf of all people from Truro ;)