Premed 101 Forums

Date Speculation

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know the numbers for this year? I heard that they were a lot higher last year (of applicants, I mean).

I don't think there's any way to know at this point. It seems pretty stable over the last few years though. I expected that this year would be a lot higher, if anything, because it's the last year they're taking the old MCAT scores. That's just random speculation though

Does anyone know the numbers for this year? I heard that they were a lot higher last year (of applicants, I mean).

Last year's numbers were much higher than usual. I really wish I could remember where I heard/found that last year, because I have not heard anything in regards to number of applicants this year. 

Last year's numbers were much higher than usual. I really wish I could remember where I heard/found that last year, because I have not heard anything in regards to number of applicants this year. 

https://www.afmc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/en/Publications/AdmissionsBook2016-Final-EN.pdf

Looks like there were 1016 applicants last year, up from 942 in the previous year.

https://www.afmc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/en/Publications/AdmissionsBook2016-Final-EN.pdf

Looks like there were 1016 applicants last year, up from 942 in the previous year.

I checked in the document. The 1016 were numbers that applied for starting in 2014/15. It doesn't have the number of applicants for starting in 2015/16 (which would have been last year's applicants).

I checked in the document. The 1016 were numbers that applied for starting in 2014/15. It doesn't have the number of applicants for starting in 2015/16 (which would have been last year's applicants).

Whoops, guess I misread it. I'd assume that the application numbers would continue to follow that trend last year and this year though since there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe they wouldn't. The only thing that has changed has been the introduction of the new MCAT and even writing it isn't a requirement until next year.

Would love to see a decrease in applications this year though  B)

Whoops, guess I misread it. I'd assume that the application numbers would continue to follow that trend last year and this year though since there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe they wouldn't. The only thing that has changed has been the introduction of the new MCAT and even writing it isn't a requirement until next year.

Would love to see a decrease in applications this year though  B)

Here's last years, on their website 

How many applicants?

• Total applications received: 1183
  • Maritime: 479 
  • Non-Maritime: 686
  • IMG/Saudi: 18

Looks like (compared to the document, which said 290ish) there was a pretty big jump in maritime applicants last year, almost 125% of the previous year

Haha same here. Luckily I felt the need to make chrome save my passwords. 

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing though....just one more thing to worry obsessively about

So despite my own warning, I (absentmindedly) cleared my passwords from Firefox recently and just got myself locked out for invalid password attempts hahah... but it's kinda nice knowing I can't be hyper-neurotic about my status even if I wanted!

Yo! Non-trad right here! OOP and waiting on Dal.

Awesome! I'm IP and only applied/interviewed with Dal and MUN. Dal is my first choice so I'm trying not to be too neurotic, but that date is pushing close. I had a couple friends get in last year and I feel like it was just after March break which ended on the 9th in 2015? I'm going to message them to ask! :)

Awesome! I'm IP and only applied/interviewed with Dal and MUN. Dal is my first choice so I'm trying not to be too neurotic, but that date is pushing close. I had a couple friends get in last year and I feel like it was just after March break which ended on the 9th in 2015? I'm going to message them to ask! :)

Letters were sent out by email last year on the 17th.

Cool! 2 for 2 so far! First time applying?

Thanks for asking for the many of us who I'm sure are dying to know.

Fun interview atmosphere, no?

They released the letters the Tuesday after March break last year, which fell on the 17th. This year the Dal March break is the 14-18, so if it was after we would find out later...so maybe we will get notification before hand?? :)

I'm thinking yes, because last year's decision was quite late due to snow days (at least that's what's being hypothesized). So I'll start looking for e-mails starting the Monday of our March Break, namely the 7th. :)  

Edit: will also be peeing my pants until then.

I'm thinking yes, because last year's decision was quite late due to snow days (at least that's what's being hypothesized). So I'll start looking for e-mails starting the Monday of our March Break, namely the 7th. :)  

Edit: will also be peeing my pants until then.

The week of March 7-11 is my prediction also. This week is too early, but since there hasn't been ~a week of snow days this year I don't see it being quite as late.

More like I hope it's not that late

I'm just pretty much at the point where I'm running out of things to distract myself with, so I'm hoping it's not as late as last year. I work in a food micro lab and I've become so unrealistically efficient I swear not a single bacterium is getting past me.

My job's been unbelievably slow for the past bit so I'm really hoping it picks up this week so I can keep a least a bit of my sanity.

I'm grateful that Dal releases decision letters earlier than most schools, but it would be very good for the nerves if they could narrow it down to a particular week.  I'm starting to feel like Christina Yang demanding to be sedated. 

I emailed Carolyn Penham and she said that all she could say was that they would be before the end of March.....so lets hope its in 2 weeks or something. 

Archived