Premed 101 Forums

Date Speculation

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is way later than last year...I definitely need a week away from school to stew over whether I get into Med school..ha ha!!

Haha at least you won't be checking email and not at all paying attention in like I will be.....

Out of curiosity, when do you finish classes? I start week 9 of 12 Monday

My prediction is that it won't be next week. The last two years have been 15th and 17th, so they don't have much incentive to be driven to release is super early. End of next week is only the 11th which would be like 4-6 days earlier than past years. So i think early the next week 14-16th. 

My prediction is that it won't be next week. The last two years have been 15th and 17th, so they don't have much incentive to be driven to release is super early. End of next week is only the 11th which would be like 4-6 days earlier than past years. So i think early the next week 14-16th. 

Last year was later due to a number of snow days and more applicants. I thought the year before (2014) letters were sent out the 11th?

I thought it was the 11th in 2014? I hope it's next week!

I'm with you that. That Monday-Wednesday range is my guess. Wish it would be sooner, but I don't want to get my hopes up

Please let it be March Break so that I don't have to open a an email with potentially extremely disappointing content between classes.  :o

Oh my god, this is my hope as well. Al least if it's bad then I'm home and can have a nuclear meltdown;) Please let it be next week!!!!

Oh my god, this is my hope as well. Al least if it's bad then I'm home and can have a nuclear meltdown;) Please let it be next week!!!!

I am so hoping for next week as well! Mac sent interview invites like, a week and a half earlier than last year so for some reason that gives me hope.

So funny how there won't be a "Date Speculation" thread for ON schools since everyone's sending first round offers on a fixed date (May 10th).

Now, I'd love to stay and chat but I have to go check the Dal admissions website to see if I still have items outstanding :)

Random discussion to keep our minds busy: anyone have an opinion on Macbook Air vs Macbook Pro? I'm going to need a new laptop and I cannot decide between the two. 

What about PC :)

There is something to be said about the retina screen, the high pixel density looks gorgeous and is really easy on the eyes.  I would personally give up a tiny bit of weight and thickness for a more power laptop with a better screen.    I would say 13" Pro over 13" Air, but also keep in mind the Pro is more expensive.  Also look into the educational discount if that applies to you :) 

What about PC :)

There is something to be said about the retina screen, the high pixel density looks gorgeous and is really easy on the eyes.  I would personally give up a tiny bit of weight and thickness for a more power laptop with a better screen.    I would say 13" Pro over 13" Air, but also keep in mind the Pro is more expensive.  Also look into the educational discount if that applies to you :)

I've had both PCs and Macs and I definitely prefer the Macs. The Macbook Pro I have now I've had since 2010, and the PC I had barely lasted 3 years. Is there something to be said for the Air's longer battery life, especially for Med students who spend 8-9 hours on campus a day? My Pro has only ever been able to give me 5 hours of battery life, at the most. 

I've had both PCs and Macs and I definitely prefer the Macs. The Macbook Pro I have now I've had since 2010, and the PC I had barely lasted 3 years. Is there something to be said for the Air's longer battery life, especially for Med students who spend 8-9 hours on campus a day? My Pro has only ever been able to give me 5 hours of battery life, at the most. 

That's certainly something to consider as well.   My old mid 2010 Macbook Pro ran for approximately 4-6 hours depending on what I was doing .  I think all the new models should get quite a bit more though, as the internals are quite a bit more energy efficient.  

Here is some info about the battery life for the Pro, it seems promising.    I think the larger chassis on the Pro could support a higher capacity battery compared to the Air (of course the Pro has more power intensive hardware).

http://www.trustedreviews.com/2015-13-inch-macbook-pro-review-battery-life-page-3

I've had both PCs and Macs too, and I can tell you, Macs are far superior for note-taking and general use. My air gives me a good 8-10 hours of battery life, which completely trumps a PC of the same price. Also, if you have an iPhone or other apple products, the integration is real. 

The new retina pros are also really nice, and while I think they have slightly slower battery life (7-9 hours iirc), they look absolutely beautiful. They're also more pricey though!

Archived