Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Weighing?

• 2 weeks later...

Things have changed a bit since I applied in 2011, but at U of T the interview is worth very little and doesn't change much your pre-interview ranking which ultimately determines whether you get in or not. I've interviewed applicants when I was in my second year and found this to be true.

Having said that, obviously still prep and do well on your interviews.

Thanks for your reply! I guess I'm just really nervous because I'm not sure if I am considered a third year applicant or fourth year (I had 15 credits when I applied, but I am in co-op and so have one more year of school if I don't get in this cycle). Looking at the previous threads on this form makes me think that 3rd year applicants start from a lower base point than fourth years (correct me if I'm wrong!). 

Does anyone know if we are allowed to email Admissions and ask how we were ranked (3rd vs. 4th year)?

Do you think they'll tell us how much the interview is weighed if we called/emailed?

Edit: I asked the UT Admissions blog and I got this response back:

"Hi Calla – thanks for your question. We do not publish our admissions weighting scale in terms of file review vs. interview (or anything further). Unfortunately I am not able to answer this question for you, other than to say that all components of your application are important in terms of our Admissions Committee’s decision making process."

Looks like we'll be forever speculating, haha.

I don't think you'll get anything from them lol. This is pretty confidential Admissions stuff

OH sorry I think you might have misunderstood... I meant like 15 credits completed usually means you're in 4th year at the time of application, but some of those 15 credits were taken part-time. So I don't know if I'd qualify as third year or fourth year according to them. It's only important in the off chance that the rumours about 3rd years starting off at a lower academic score are true. :)

OH sorry I think you might have misunderstood... I meant like 15 credits completed usually means you're in 4th year at the time of application, but some of those 15 credits were taken part-time. So I don't know if I'd qualify as third year or fourth year according to them. It's only important in the off chance that the rumours about 3rd years starting off at a lower academic score are true. :)

Ah I see. Hmm you can probably ask them and see what they say- I think that's a fine question.

Archived