Premed 101 Forums

New Oop Date

A five month wait seemed crazy long. Six months from interview to decisions is just a little much. I'll get my decision from Mac about seven weeks after my interview. I appreciate that the adcom has a series of hard decisions to make, but I wonder if they might want to revise their process to speed things up a little.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the OOP date is May 15th this year all Canada wide.  Apparently MUN's decision to release the OOP's early was unpopular with other schools, and MUN decided to standardize the dates with the rest of the country this year.  April for PEI and NB sometime I believe, as they coordinate that with Dal.

Hmm but dal releases their decision in early March?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from admissions telling me:

I acknowledge your message of March 17th; please be advised that results for the New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island competitions will be released during the first two weeks of April.

So I guess still April for us! 

Woo! I'll know before exams! That is fantastic!

Thanks for sharing their response. :)

I also called admissions last week and they said the same thing and the lady I spoke with said that the date from last year may be an appropriate estimation - it was March 29th last year for NB students!... So here's hoping for the first week in April. Let's get these next few weeks over with! 

I also called admissions last week and they said the same thing and the lady I spoke with said that the date from last year may be an appropriate estimation - it was March 29th last year for NB students!... So here's hoping for the first week in April. Let's get these next few weeks over with! 

ohhh pls oh pls oh pls be next week. I am so antsy!!

ohhh pls oh pls oh pls be next week. I am so antsy!!

Looks like the PEI and NB went out on a weekend last year so I would think it might be a safe assumption that they have a fairly high chance of coming out this weekend or next Friday (they seem to like Fridays.)

Looks like the PEI and NB went out on a weekend last year so I would think it might be a safe assumption that they have a fairly high chance of coming out this weekend or next Friday (they seem to like Fridays.)

They actually went out last year on March 28th (Friday)! You're right, they do like fridays.

They actually went out last year on March 28th (Friday)! You're right, they do like fridays.

Hm, if it was March 28th last year, and they said the date should be fairly similar this year, I'd think it very well could be this Friday.

I'll be refreshing my email obsessively no matter what.

Archived