Premed 101 Forums

How Does Western Weigh My Gpa?

I've completed my first two years of university.

My third year looks like this:

Fall - Study (3A)
Winter - Work
Summer - Work

4th Year:
Fall - Study (3B)
Winter - Study (4A)
Summer - Work 

5th Year:
Fall - Work (4B)
Winter - Study

They take my best two years - but what does this mean? Will they combine 3A and 3B as a year even though they're from different school years?

Western does not consider summer courses as a full "academic" term. you must have at least 2 years by graduation that are full courseload (5.0 full-year-equivalent courses) comprised of fall+winter terms. So, both your 3rd and 5th year will not be counted as full year. Your 4th year would be if you had 5.0 full courses and 3.0/5.0 were at least 3rd level courses. Then, you would need at least one more full year; hopefully your 1st or 2nd year were full courseload as well.

Western does not consider summer courses as a full "academic" term. you must have at least 2 years by graduation that are full courseload (5.0 full-year-equivalent courses) comprised of fall+winter terms. So, both your 3rd and 5th year will not be counted as full year. Your 4th year would be if you had 5.0 full courses and 3.0/5.0 were at least 3rd level courses. Then, you would need at least one more full year; hopefully your 1st or 2nd year were full courseload as well.

that is unless the OP is in recognized COOP and then they can put two together - they still like to see though two academic terms at least in the same year. These sorts of things really require close contact with the admins at Western to actually make sure you are doing things by the rules etc :)

Archived