Premed 101 Forums

How Do We Find Out

drake19

US med grad here at a school with almost 100% US-medical students....only 3 Canadians and I am the lone wolf applying to carms

was wondering how we find out on March 4th

I know we get some e-mail....does this e-mail tell us if we matched or do we login to carms account? I just want to pscyhologically prepare myself if that makes any sense

I believe you must log in to the CaRMS website, where there will be a place where you can view your match results. The results will not be available until after 12:00 noon, eastern time.

In past years there has been some trouble with the website crashing on match day, which resulted in delays or errors in people's match results. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

I believe you must log in to the CaRMS website, where there will be a place where you can view your match results. The results will not be available until after 12:00 noon, eastern time.

In past years there has been some trouble with the website crashing on match day, which resulted in delays or errors in people's match results. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

yup you log in.

and yes it has failed in the past (most in particular 2013 - not that I am bitter about that at all).

You have to login. However, it's also normal for programs to send you a welcome email the same afternoon. (That's how I found out!!) 

:lol:

was this welcome e-mail for Family Medicine by any chance? Do most programs send welcome e-mails?

welcome e-mail would be great since the other posters did indicate that there were delays in carms and even wrong results WTF??

I think 2013 was the only year that happened. 

It wasn't FM for me. I don't know how many programs send out emails, but generally it's done a bit later in the day. 

it was sluggish other years yeah but full on crash with erroneous posts was just 2013 (CARMS you have one job to do.....hehehehe)

was this welcome e-mail for Family Medicine by any chance? Do most programs send welcome e-mails?

welcome e-mail would be great since the other posters did indicate that there were delays in carms and even wrong results WTF??

certainly not all on the carms day - but most do send one out shortly their after. CARMS website is certainly the primary way of knowing what is going on with respect to your match.

I'm pretty horrified about what happened in 2013.  That and I've heard a couple of stories of CaRMS messing up someone's match.

Why is March 4th coming so slowly?!

oh just because it is one of the most important days in your life. Just that really :)

having to personally consoled people on that eventful day that thought they were unmatched  even after applying broadly to family med for the hours it took to find out what happened I can say that it was truly disastrous in a way that is hard to describe. Plus to make it worse to those that really didn't match it offered a brief period of false hope as they thought they to may have really matched - only to be crushed a second time. It honestly gave me a migraine (personally it took 2.0 hours to find out where I matched).

plus we never truly got issued an apology from CARMS - they messed up horribly and yet nothing. You can blame it on "IT difficulties" but really I am from IT and you know that doesn't wash. They knew when, they knew exactly how many people would be logging on, they knew what had to be delivered. It wasn't a hard problem. Some things you just aren't allowed to mess up.

I remember seeing you on match day in 2013 - you were walking through our lecture for some reason :P  I forget why.

And it seemed super far away for me and now - 10 days.

ha :) not sure why - must have been some reason! Possibly to let the the Hippo President in on what had happened match wise.

It does go quickly

related to the passage of time I am 1/3 residency at the time of your match day, and about 40% of my class are only 4 months away from starting practise in the really real world. Ha!

Programs find out at the same time by also logging into CaRMS. I don't know what proportion of programs send out welcome emails.

Archived