Premed 101 Forums

Back (For Now)

uwopremed

In case people were wondering where I had gone off to:

Artztin banned me for 2 weeks about my complaining about the proliferation of anti-native comments, and supposedly publicly revealing information about people that was readily available from a simple one word Google search (and not really revealing at all).  My gut feeling is that she will somehow try to get me permanently banned, and so be it if that is the case.  As I'm pretty sure I will be admitted to medicine somewhere this year, it will funny meeting the one of two mods that dislike me at med games in Quebec next year!  That being said, I won't directly attack people I perceive to be racist again.  I've learned my lesson.

I had actually wanted to post about my interview at UBC (it went well) and my upcoming Ontario interviews (Starting with Western this weekend), but was denied in doing so because of the 2 week ban.  Wishing everyone with interviews the best.

If people want CANDID advice on the MCAT, the application process, how to study (particularly for Western courses), or my opinions in general, please feel free to PM me. 

I could be wrong on this but I'd imagine it's not just a mod or two who don't like you and includes the majority of the forum lol

But what do I know. I don't have a 4.0 GPA :D

we don't usually make our decisions in isolation - we are a council of elders I suppose moderating things.

or maybe a jedi council. that sounds cooler.

In case people were wondering where I had gone off to:

Artztin banned me for 2 weeks about my complaining about the proliferation of anti-native comments, and supposedly publicly revealing information about people that was readily available from a simple one word Google search (and not really revealing at all).  My gut feeling is that she will somehow try to get me permanently banned, and so be it if that is the case.  As I'm pretty sure I will be admitted to medicine somewhere this year, it will funny meeting the one of two mods that dislike me at med games in Quebec next year!  That being said, I won't directly attack people I perceive to be racist again.  I've learned my lesson.

I had actually wanted to post about my interview at UBC (it went well) and my upcoming Ontario interviews (Starting with Western this weekend), but was denied in doing so because of the 2 week ban.  Wishing everyone with interviews the best.

If people want CANDID advice on the MCAT, the application process, how to study (particularly for Western courses), or my opinions in general, please feel free to PM me. 

OMG thank you for letting us know. We were all so worried about you! 

What did he/she say that was more blameworthy than the racism they were calling out? It must've been really bad if no one cares about the racist remarks.

Short answer - yes (well, mostly yes). Many people expressed opposition to those comments, but to my knowledge only uwopremed was suspended. There's a reason for that.

Archived