Premed 101 Forums

If you don't mean meeting medical related people, then the easiest way is to join activities with large groups of people.  If you play badminton, go to any badminton places that accept drop-ins. You'll meet people with similar interest. If they know you're a future doctor, many will be more than willing to be your friend. How about church? Also, look at what activities community centres offer on your times off.  Join and have some fun.

What?! You want a social life AND do a medical rotation? Clearly you don't have enough reading! How dare you contemplate non-clinical activities! :P

Here is the trick. Do non-medical things with other people. But first just do something you enjoy doing on your own. Chances are while you are doing these things you will run into other people who share your interest. Also don't exclude non-medicine people. When your up to your ears in medicine everyday these people can certainly add some much needed and refreshing perspective.

What?! You want a social life AND do a medical rotation? Clearly you don't have enough reading! How dare you contemplate non-clinical activities! :P

Here is the trick. Do non-medical things with other people. But first just do something you enjoy doing on your own. Chances are while you are doing these things you will run into other people who share your interest. Also don't exclude non-medicine people. When your up to your ears in medicine everyday these people can certainly add some much needed and refreshing perspective.

Except for 2 close friends I have who are also residents in my program, and one friend I have known since high schoolwork is now a staff, all my friends are non medical. I prefer it that way.

Archived