Premed 101 Forums

Md/phd Acceptances?

To all those who attended the toronto MD/PhD interviews: I know that UofT does rolling admissions, and current students have said that acceptances have gone out (in their years) as early as the 2nd week post-interview. 

Did anyone of you who has interviewed this round ask the committee/students/Sandy roughly when we can expect the offers to come out this year?

What are the chances that offers will start going out by end of this week?

We asked Sandy on Saturday and she said usually 2 - 3 weeks, or as soon as they get the acceptances from the MD and the MD/PhD side. But there is a possibility that they might come out by the end of the week/early next week. The people who don't get accepted won't hear back, so those individuals will have to wait until May to hear the MD results.

Good luck everyone : )

FYI: If you get multiple acceptances for MD/PhD, and are waiting to hear back from a certain school, feel free to call them and tell them that. When I got my UofT acceptance, I was waiting on McMaster, so I had to call them and ask what was going on because I needed to know in time for UofT's MD/PhD acceptance date.

FYI: If you get multiple acceptances for MD/PhD, and are waiting to hear back from a certain school, feel free to call them and tell them that. When I got my UofT acceptance, I was waiting on McMaster, so I had to call them and ask what was going on because I needed to know in time for UofT's MD/PhD acceptance date.

Roughly when can we expect to hear back? When did you hear back during your application year?

Not sure. I received an offer on Wednesday, and I know of one other individual who did as well. I believe there are at least two waves based on discussions I have had with previous students, so don't lose hope!! Still lots of time to come, I know the wait sucks but hang tight!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived