Premed 101 Forums

Question For Residents

In response to the HK poster:

I don't think this is entirely true....if you look at the internal medicine residents at McMaster they are almost all from Mac...same with Queen's...I think when it comes down to 2 applicants - being the local applicant gives you a huge upper hand

this statement helps no one really because where you went to school cannot be changed - but just saying

In response to the HK poster:

I don't think this is entirely true....if you look at the internal medicine residents at McMaster they are almost all from Mac...same with Queen's...I think when it comes down to 2 applicants - being the local applicant gives you a huge upper hand

this statement helps no one really because where you went to school cannot be changed - but just saying

well that local school also a) knows those applicants better and b ) if you are going to a particular school you are more likely to want to go that same school for residency so you are going to rank them higher. The two effects are working together etc.

That's not the same thing as a quota but of course if you impress people locally during medical school they are more likely to accept you than someone they have met only recently on the tour etc.

Archived