Premed 101 Forums

Invites For Waitlisted People

Username92

Well, my minerva status updated to Further Review Required, with an interview date and time invitation, and new uploads to do. I was waitlisted at first.  

I know that it happened to at least another premed101 user.

Why would that be? Mcgill interviews were last week, final answers in three weeks. :o 

Well, my minerva status updated to Further Review Required, with an interview date and time invitation, and new uploads to do. I was waitlisted at first.  

I know that it happened to at least another premed101 user.

Why would that be? Mcgill interviews were last week, final answers in three weeks. :o

You might be interviewing with the Med-P crowd in April. It's great news, congratulations :) Some of our classmates got in this way!

Does it mean that they didn't fill all the available places with the people who were interviewed? 

Congrats to you !

Although it has no other meaning, it is impossible ! You are saying that more than 75% didn't show up for a med-school interview at McGill since McGill invites 4 times the number of students they are going to actually accept. No way !

But then what does it mean ??

Although it has no other meaning, it is impossible ! You are saying that more than 75% didn't show up for a med-school interview at McGill since McGill invites 4 times the number of students they are going to actually accept. No way !

But then what does it mean ??

Well actualy, if I look for Qc University for fall 2014, 214 invitations for interviews and 91 admitted. That is aprox 2 students invited for 1 place, not 4.

Source : http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/admissions-numbers

You guys will be in the same MMI run with only undergrad + students even though you will be doing it the same day as CEGEP sudents.

Also it's not 90 or whatever number of seats per number of people invited. The actual ratio is better than that since the wait list always moves by a variable number.

So for IP UG+ students, they have more than 50% of landing a seat once invited.

I'm really curious on how many waitlisted people were invited for potentially how many places. Maybe the odds are harder, since it's a post-final answer day (16th march) interview? In all cases, an interview is an interview :D

Hmmm same here, I hope the odds aren't much lower than the regulars...I wish I can ask the admissions office this.

The adcom won't make it unfair. You have just as much chance as anyone else who is invited.

If your post interview score is higher, they'll logically just rank you higher than others who did their interviews before.

Also, they reserve a few spots on the first day of offer release from what I understand i.e. for 80 seats, they'll release 70 offers for example.

In any case, the ONLY thing that matters now is the MMI. Nothing else at this point. Stop thinking about anything else.

The adcom won't make it unfair. You have just as much chance as anyone else who is invited.

If your post interview score is higher, they'll logically just rank you higher than others who did their interviews before.

Also, they reserve a few spots on the first day of offer release from what I understand i.e. for 80 seats, they'll release 70 offers for example.

In any case, the ONLY thing that matters now is the MMI. Nothing else at this point. Stop thinking about anything else.

I think the reason as to why they asked that is that their interview will take place after decisions come out for ROQ-U applicants. Reserving spots seems to make sense to make things  fair to the April interviewees.

Archived