Premed 101 Forums

Choosing The Wrong "side" During An Mmi Answer

StayHappy

Don't worry, while I was practicing an ethics question I went with the "wrong answer" but for a lot of the ethics questions there isn't a definitive right or wrong answer, but how you justify your reasoning is what really matters. If you make your decision off of logical reasoning which the interviewer is able to follow, even if it the "wrong answer" you can still illustrate your decision in a reasonable way. The person I was practicing with said that the way I explained it really made my point strong even though it may not have been the correct thing to do. Its also very important not to go back on your final decision, if you've made one stick with it or else it could show indecisiveness. But I wouldn't worry about it so long as you gave good sound reasoning for what you chose, it shows you do know how to make unbiased thoughtful decisions without jumping to an answer straight away! 

Don't worry, while I was practicing an ethics question I went with the "wrong answer" but for a lot of the ethics questions there isn't a definitive right or wrong answer, but how you justify your reasoning is what really matters. If you make your decision off of logical reasoning which the interviewer is able to follow, even if it the "wrong answer" you can still illustrate your decision in a reasonable way. The person I was practicing with said that the way I explained it really made my point strong even though it may not have been the correct thing to do. Its also very important not to go back on your final decision, if you've made one stick with it or else it could show indecisiveness. But I wouldn't worry about it so long as you gave good sound reasoning for what you chose, it shows you do know how to make unbiased thoughtful decisions without jumping to an answer straight away! 

With MMI, there is no such thing as wrong answer. You'll be judged on  whether you consider both sides, take into account all factors, and how you apply reasoning process to find your answer.  The most common mistake is to pick up the "right" side and try to justify just that.

Archived