Premed 101 Forums

Summer School At Another School

DoctorS

Hi Guys,

I am planning on taking a summer course at another school. The course that I'm planning on taking is a pre-req for some Canadian schools and pretty much all American Schools. 

I was wondering if this is fine or if I should just not take summer courses at other institutions. The reason I want to take it at another school is because of reduced travel time/cost 

Thanks!

It doesn't matter.

Awesome! 

So would I send the grade to the schools that I apply to? Because I've been told that at my school, when you take a summer school course at another university, it shows up as a pass/fail grade on your transcript. 

Do I just request 2 transcripts (one from my school and one where I took the summer school course) when I apply?

Awesome! 

So would I send the grade to the schools that I apply to? Because I've been told that at my school, when you take a summer school course at another university, it shows up as a pass/fail grade on your transcript. 

Do I just request 2 transcripts (one from my school and one where I took the summer school course) when I apply?

You would get transcripts from all schools attended - your schools own policies of calculating gpas based on non-institutional courses etc don't matter

Archived