Premed 101 Forums

***** Carms 2015 Match Results *****

so I know there are 4 rads, 1 plastics, 2 ENT and 1 anesthesia who didn't match . All really good/solid people. not sure what other specialties are.

that's surprising, rads was so competitive

out of curiosity, when people go unmatched, how do you/your classmates find out about it? I would think it's something I'd keep private to avoid gossip or are people generally open about it?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it definitely depends on the individual whether they are comfortable with telling people. Also the group of unmatched students is important too. For example, there were people who have failed exams and will go back and tell their friends about who else was at the remediation meeting.

that's surprising, rads was so competitive

out of curiosity, when people go unmatched, how do you/your classmates find out about it? I would think it's something I'd keep private to avoid gossip or are people generally open about it?

I think it definitely depends on the individual whether they are comfortable with telling people. Also the group of unmatched students is important too. For example, there were people who have failed exams and will go back and tell their friends about who else was at the remediation meeting.

So at UofT, do all the unmatched people go meet with the counsellors as a group? All the unmatched people know who else is unmatched?

Going unmatched seems so stressful, it's as if you don't have any time to yourself to recuperate before you have to apply to 2nd iteration 

So at UofT, do all the unmatched people go meet with the counsellors as a group? All the unmatched people know who else is unmatched?

Going unmatched seems so stressful, it's as if you don't have any time to yourself to recuperate before you have to apply to 2nd iteration 

there isn't much time - emotional roller coaster for sure. You have all these hopes for a particular field and then you have about a week to decide on possibly an entirely new course in areas you may not have been all that interested in, or make the call to sit it out for a year. You have to get all these materials together in basically no time at all.

good luck by the way everyone submitting for round 2 today. I hope it goes well!

How did you get new reference letters that quickly?

Hi MansionMD,

Very stressful time indeed. I asked a lot of my preceptors that I have had since my first iteration carms interviews. I told them to write me strong character references and suggested for them to simply elaborate on the specific questions in the cover letter portion you send to them via carms platform so that I have some non program specific letters to use. Unless of course it was a preceptor for a specialty that is specific to the program that I am applying to, then I asked to simply write me a strong letter. Not all of them have submitted letters as it is simply too short notice but I am working with what I have. I even had one letter submitted this evening that resulted in me changing my letter assignments to programs. Its an ongoing process. I hope this helps. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived