Premed 101 Forums

What Was The Pre-Interview Cut-Off For This Year?

The cut-off score to get an interview in the last three years has been: 98.5, 99.84 and 101.04 

don't forget that last year UofC dropped some 100 interview spots, which explains the jump from 99.84 to 101.04. I assume that the jump from 101.04 to 103+ this year is because of the additional 150+ applicants and (maybe?) fewer interview spots

IP: Since there were 436 interviewees and 1,324 applicants this year for UofC, the upper 32.9% were interviewed. That makes 67.1th percentile the interview cut-off this year.

OOP: 101 interviewees from ~255 applicants. Cut-off percentile is 60.4 (but this may correspond to a higher standardized score)

Source: [modified from] the admissions blog

IP: Since there were 436 interviewees and 1,324 applicants this year for UofC, the upper 32.9% were interviewed. That makes 67.1th percentile the interview cut-off this year.

just a heads up, this only applies to a linear model. i.e. (1324-436)/1324=67.1 .  Since people's scores likely follow a normal distribution, most scores will be clustered in the middle so 67.1 %ile is likely much higher than what was required.

That is unreal how the cut-off appears to have jumped by at least 3 points this round...usually it's about 1 point a year. I have to wonder if next year we won't see as much competition with the new MCAT and new IP criteria. 

Archived