Premed 101 Forums

Mcat Cutoff

I wrote the MCAT this January and received an even, decent score of 10/10/10. I am an M.Sc student, although I know this doesn't make a difference when it comes to MCAT score. Wondering if I should bother applying in Oct 2015? They don't release their cut offs I know, but lowest I saw on this forum was a 31 with minimum 10 in each. Not sure if 10/10/10 makes the cut...

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hmmm, from I see on the forums, people say you need a fairly high score for Ottawa and Queens, that 31 being like the very bottom as you said. I am planning on retaking the MCAT as well in the summer, I think we should be aiming for like 33+, well whatever the equivalent of that is with the now scoring system. 128's in each section perhaps?

It's suspected based on data from the forums that the cutoff is higher than 30. However, this has never been openly stated by Queen's. If I was in your position, I'd likely rewrite this summer, as that MCAT score does take you out of the running for quite a few schools (Western, Alberta, Calgary, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and possibly Queen's). However, if you don't rewrite, I'd probably still throw in an application to Queen's without expectations. Since the cutoffs haven't been stated, you never know. 

Hmmm, from I see on the forums, people say you need a fairly high score for Ottawa and Queens, that 31 being like the very bottom as you said. I am planning on retaking the MCAT as well in the summer, I think we should be aiming for like 33+, well whatever the equivalent of that is with the now scoring system. 128's in each section perhaps?

Do you perhaps mean another school than Ottawa? Because I know for a fact that Ottawa doesn't consider MCAT scores in their admissions process. 

Thanks for all your responses. definitely can't write this summer as I have to write my thesis and graduate from my masters, however I think I will try and put in an application with no expectations. If im unsuccessful this fall then I will write the new mcat next year probably. I'm still eligible for u of t and Dal so will be applying there + queens and giving it a shot!

Thanks for all your responses. definitely can't write this summer as I have to write my thesis and graduate from my masters, however I think I will try and put in an application with no expectations. If im unsuccessful this fall then I will write the new mcat next year probably. I'm still eligible for u of t and Dal so will be applying there + queens and giving it a shot!

You're also eligible for Ottawa (no MCAT), McGill (optional MCAT submission, though very competitive), UBC, and (I believe) MUN. Might as well apply and see how it goes. Good luck!

Archived