Premed 101 Forums

I don't have the answers to all of your questions, but hope you find this useful.

1. I did 4 years undergrad with a full courseload, so I'm not sure.

2. You probably already know the documents required for the Canadian residency (Canadian passport, Canadian Citizenship Certificate, Canadian Permanent Resident (PR) card or Canadian birth certificate). As for BC, I can't remember the full list but I sent in my tenancy agreement and that sufficed. 

3. DAT, GPA, your transcripts, proof of Canadian + BC residency, application fee, and a personal statement (400 words I believe) is everything that is required. 

Update: looked through my email and this is what I found:

1. **Proof of BC Residency can include any one of the following (as indicated on website):
    . a photocopy of your BC Service Card
    . a copy of your rental agreement in your name
    . a utility bill in your name representing the last two years
    . a copy of your BC tax assessment
    . transcripts

Depending on the conversion table you use, that would be a near perfect GPA (on the 4.0 scale), depending on the individual grade breakdown making up that overall average. That is an outstanding achievement; you should definitely have a competitive chance. Keep that up on the DAT and you should be nearly guaranteed an interview anywhere. But after the interview phase, notice that they didn't rely on GPA too much for their final decision (there's a drop for the 2 OOP individuals who were accepted).

http://www.dentistry.ubc.ca/files/2014/10/EntranceStatistics-DMD-2014.pdf

Archived