Premed 101 Forums

How To Not Look Like You're Backing Up... After You Backed Up.

I'm sure they are aware that pretty well everyone applying to their specialty in the second round is 'backing up'. You just have to make it seem like you care about it more than others. Although I'm sure you and most others in your shoes will try to switch out after the first year ;)

I'm sure they are aware that pretty well everyone applying to their specialty in the second round is 'backing up'. You just have to make it seem like you care about it more than others. Although I'm sure you and most others in your shoes will try to switch out after the first year ;)

Yeah it is hard to hide that fact - still that doesn't mean you are in trouble - after all they are in effect backing up as well.

Can be hard to sell but a lot of them understand imo since family med always used to be a back-up specialty

I think bringing up a personal reason why family med is important during the interviews may help

e.g. talking about an experience working in the community, then saying fam med is a community-based specialty etc etc

Archived