Premed 101 Forums

How Do You Rank In 2Nd Iteration

Will truly appreciate any information on what the process is in the second iteration on what to rank.

I am very confused with this part of the process as it is very different from the 1st match and not many know the procedure. Have been told by one program that they or may not interview after file review.

Also may not review the file if you already had an interview .Is this correct?

I have some other questions and are hoping that someone can assist. Thank you in advance.

Does every program following file review interview all applicants?

How would you know if a program chooses not to interview but ranks according to file review?

if an applicant applies to more than 30 programs- can you rank all 30 despite not getting interviews?

How early do programs contact applicants? 

Many thanks.

Will truly appreciate any information on what the process is in the second iteration on what to rank.

I am very confused with this part of the process as it is very different from the 1st match and not many know the procedure. Have been told by one program that they or may not interview after file review.

Also may not review the file if you already had an interview .Is this correct?

I have some other questions and are hoping that someone can assist. Thank you in advance.

Does every program following file review interview all applicants?

How would you know if a program chooses not to interview but ranks according to file review?

if an applicant applies to more than 30 programs- can you rank all 30 despite not getting interviews?

How early do programs contact applicants? 

Many thanks.

1) Programs may not like anyone at all and choose to leave those spots allocated.  They might even have the wrong quota listed on carms, so the spots may not even exist in some rare cases.

2) Some programs will use a previous interview score if you interviewed there previously.  I.E.  You only applied/interviewed at Western Ontario for the London family med program, but didnt match.  If you applied again for that site and other family med programs, they will use your previous score.

3) Does every program following file review interview all applicants? NO.  I was talking to a PG regarding last year's 2nd iteration.  They had ~150 applications for a single position, but interviewed only 3 students.

4)  How would you know if a program chooses not to interview but ranks according to file review?  You don't unless they tell you.

5) Rank all according to your personal preference since there is no consequence for doing so.  However, if they are offering interviews and you didnt get one.. it's unlikely you will get that position.

6) Could be notified as early as the weekend.

Archived