Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie Invites

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Maritime applicants? 78 should get you in.

Nah.. I'm just razzing ya by'.... and bitter because I live in Ontario.

Dalhousie doesn't publish their entry stats. If you go by McGill though there is a 4 to 5 percent difference between resident and nonresident accepted applicants.

Also.. what is this about a second round of interviews.... do you mean they will conduct two interviews for all candidates? Or only if they haven't filled all 38 spots after the first round?

First that I've heard about a second interview.

Dalhousie doesn't publish their entry stats. If you go by McGill though there is a 4 to 5 percent difference between resident and nonresident accepted applicants.

Also.. what is this about a second round of interviews.... do you mean they will conduct two interviews for all candidates? Or only if they haven't filled all 38 spots after the first round?

I believe Dal conducts two rounds of interviews. That's why if you didn't get an interview the first round, they don't contact you since they might call on you in the second round.

haha well if it makes you feel any better  I might be stuck ON anyways because of their weighting schemes-I had an iffy first year and Dal's website doesn't say anything about weighting/GPA needed etc, so I was wondering if anyone knew!

haha well if it makes you feel any better  I might be stuck ON anyways because of their weighting schemes-I had an iffy first year and Dal's website doesn't say anything about weighting/GPA needed etc, so I was wondering if anyone knew!

Dal counts the last 60 ch, including current academic year if you are still in school. They only look at your GPA for the interview. So after the first round of interviews and your April marks, they will rank applicants by combining everything (GPA, DAT, interview score, reference, supplemental forms etc..) and select 38. At this point, if some applicants who have better GPA and DAT marks (after combining this semester's GPA) and they think that this applicant deserves to get an interview, they will conduct the second round. From what I know, they did not conduct second round of interviews last year. I believe they do not usually conduct the second round unless necessary. 

*Don't take my word for it, this is just what I know.*

• 3 weeks later...

So I have not heard anything at all from Dal - I know this can't be good news. I did notice that my status has been changed to "decision made" - does this mean it is a rejection or do they change the status to rejected? I would think that if I was rejected, it would just say ":rejected" rather than decision made. Can anyone offer some input here?

Where are you checking your status? 

Did you receive an online login or do you go to Dal already?

I had an interview last weekend and they are conducting their final interviews this coming weekend.  

Dalhousie doesn't make their decisions until mid-June.  

They have this inline portal that you probably made a pin for at some point (a really long time ago)

I know for med you never need to use it again, and that the decision status listed isn't an accurate measure

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure everyone had to do it when filling out the online application.  It doesn't appear to be updated like other schools, but it is supposed to be where you check the status of your application.

I had an interview back in March and my application also says "decision made" now- so I'm not quite sure what that means? 

I had an interview back in March and my application also says "decision made" now- so I'm not quite sure what that means? 

I don't think it means anything really. They just change it to "decision made" once they pick the applicants for the interview, but doesn't mean anything regarding the acceptance/rejection. 

I don't think it means anything really. They just change it to "decision made" once they pick the applicants for the interview, but doesn't mean anything regarding the acceptance/rejection. 

Cool! Do you know if our final transcripts need to be sent before offers are sent out? I didn't see it on their website or in any email- tried calling Dal today but Joanne is out until 28/29th or something. 

Cool! Do you know if our final transcripts need to be sent before offers are sent out? I didn't see it on their website or in any email- tried calling Dal today but Joanne is out until 28/29th or something.

They need to be sent as soon as they are available (with April exam grades). I have an email from Jo-Anne confirming this.

They need to be sent as soon as they are available (with April exam grades). I have an email from Jo-Anne confirming this.

Sorry was this a personal email or was this a mass email by Jo-Anne? If it was a mass email, could you let me know what date so I can find it in my inbox as I seem to have misplaced that? My university won't have April grades until May 15 at the earliest- so it won't reach Dal till May 20 at best which is concerning.

Sorry was this a personal email or was this a mass email by Jo-Anne? If it was a mass email, could you let me know what date so I can find it in my inbox as I seem to have misplaced that? My university won't have April grades until May 15 at the earliest- so it won't reach Dal till May 20 at best which is concerning.

This is from a personal email. I quote: "An official transcript will be required after first term grades and then again at the end of the year".

Don't be concerned about that date. They release their decisions on June 12th (again, this is what Jo-Anne told me on the interview day), so you'll be okay to send your transcripts in late May. I'll probably be sending mine in mid-May as well :) If you're still concerned, just let Jo-Anne know that you're school releases them late, and that this will likely make you send it in around late-May. 

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone hear back from Dal regarding acceptance yet?

I am hearing there were some early acceptances. Is that right?

Because last time I called to ask something, they said the committee wasn't meeting until late May...

I know a couple early Canadian acceptances went out as I know Someone who has already been accepted (from the Maritimes). I'm hoping we all hear good news in June. ;)

Archived