• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!! Absolutely worth the wait :)

Wanted to post my stats to give others who don't have perfect stats some hope:

GPA: 3.51 (studied dietetics at McGill)

DAT: didn't write it

Interview: Thought it went really well

EC: Only decided I wanted to be a dentist 2 years ago. Before that I had basically no ECs (some sports and lots of traveling). Once I decided on dentistry, I started shadowing a dentist once a week. Also volunteered at the McGill Summer Clinic assisting the upper year students.

I've been working as a professional dietitian for about 2 years while I was working on my dent application. My undergrad had 40 weeks of stage so I have lots of clinical experience and am very comfortable in hospital environments.

I applied to McGill only and thought I had no chance at all but I guess I was wrong! For those of you still waiting, don't give up and don't let perfect stats from everyone on this forum get you down. Schools are looking for more than just 4.0 GPAs, they want well-rounded people who will be a comfort to their patients. Keep trying and it'll work out for you!

''For those of you still waiting, don't give up and don't let perfect stats from everyone on this forum get you down. Schools are looking for more than just 4.0 GPAs, they want well-rounded people who will be a comfort to their patients. Keep trying and it'll work out for you!"

Congrats! And I couldn't agree any more with you. :)

''For those of you still waiting, don't give up and don't let perfect stats from everyone on this forum get you down. Schools are looking for more than just 4.0 GPAs, they want well-rounded people who will be a comfort to their patients. Keep trying and it'll work out for you!"

Congrats! And I couldn't agree any more with you. :)

Congrats on the med acceptance!!

• 1 month later...

Archived