Premed 101 Forums

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew more specifics about how the applicants are assessed at Memorial? They are very vague in describing it on the site. Roughly, how important are the various aspects, such as the TaMMI, mcat, gpa, and the essay stuff in the application. 

Thanks!!!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm an 4th year OOP student. My GPA is very low (I had trouble my first 2 years) and my 3 and 4th have just been picking up, I will be doing an extra 2 years to complete my bachelors and Im confident I will do very well these last two years.

If I score extremely well on the MCAT and carry a strong GPA my final 2 years will there be a chance of getting an interview?

Is there anyone out there that was in my shoes and could spare me some advice? 

Hey guys,

I'm an 4th year OOP student. My GPA is very low (I had trouble my first 2 years) and my 3 and 4th have just been picking up, I will be doing an extra 2 years to complete my bachelors and Im confident I will do very well these last two years.

If I score extremely well on the MCAT and carry a strong GPA my final 2 years will there be a chance of getting an interview?

Is there anyone out there that was in my shoes and could spare me some advice? 

I'm not OOP but in the MUN application there is a place where you are to indicate your averages for each year of post secondary. If your averages are continuously improving and showing an upward trend, they may certainly take this into account.

I would suggest you just work hard to improve your course grades and become as involved as you can in community engagement to make the rest of your application stand out. When it comes to IP students I know that MUN places considerably less emphasis than many other Canadian schools on the MCAT, however I am not sure if this is also the case for consideration of OOP candidates. With that said, it would certainly benefit you to apply with a good score.

In the end, the interview is incredibly important so make your application as strong as you can to get an interview and then make sure you shine in the TAMMI :)

Archived