Premed 101 Forums

What Do You Think About This Courseload? (3Rd Year Uwo)

Hello Mustang peeps! I was wondering if you guys would be able to give me some feedback regarding this possible courseload? I'll be going into third year and the first two years haven't been stellar, so GPA is a pretty big factor to take into consideration right now. I'm not sure if this courseload would be too heavy or not. What do you think?

First Semester

Physiology 3120

Cell Physiology 3140

Physiology Lab 3130Z

Pharmacology 3620

Pathology 3240

Classics 2200

Second Semester

Physiology 3120

Physiology Lab 3130Z

Pharmacology 3620

Organic Chemistry 2223B

Classics 2200

Thank you!

Take away the pharm and sprinkle some bird courses like comp sci 1033 or Math 1225/1228/1229 and you're golden.

But more seriously, the Phys courses are a lot of work but the classics and path courses should even it out. Good job making the first semester heavier. Second semester you'll have to deal with the full-year cumulative final for 3120 so having fewer courses will make things a bit easier.

Take away the pharm and sprinkle some bird courses like comp sci 1033 or Math 1225/1228/1229 and you're golden.

But more seriously, the Phys courses are a lot of work but the classics and path courses should even it out. Good job making the first semester heavier. Second semester you'll have to deal with the full-year cumulative final for 3120 so having fewer courses will make things a bit easier.

Hmm, that's true.. like MD20 said, the cumulative would be pretty brutal.

What do you think about taking out pharm and putting in anat 3309?

It is not that hard but I think you can make it easier. I don't recommend phys and pharm together  (cumulative final gonna kill you) , 

I heard that they made the course so that both phys and pharm would complement each other (which is why I considered it), but you're right, that is a lot of things to know for finals. I'll probably drop pharm then.

• 2 months later...

Hi! I'm also going into third year in september, and was wondering how this courseload looks:

First Semester:

Phys 3120

Phys 3130Z lab

Cell Physiology 3140

Advanced Cell Biology 3316

Anatomy and Cell Biology 3309 (Histology)

Anatomy (3319)

Second Semester:

Phys 3120

Phys 3130Z lab

Anatomy and Cell Biology 3309 (Histology)

Anatomy (3319)

+ 1 other 0.5 course, havent decided what yet

I know it's a bit much, but since I'm doing a double major in cell biology and physiology, most of the courses are only offered first semester, and all of the stated above are required. Is it doable? 

thoughts?

Just to add to the conversation, I would personally drop physiology and take pharm. I took 3rd year pharm without physiology and didn't find it too difficult. The physiology final has 50% more material than pharm since classes are held 3x per week rather than 2x for pharm

Archived