Premed 101 Forums

Dentist Vs Doctor

Would you say that this is common or more of a rarity for medical professionals? :)

let's put it this way - for every dentist running around with multiple practises etc that means by definition there has to be what ?10-15 other dentists working at those practises? At least? They can come and go but still at all times there would still be vastly more just working there etc :)

Not that unusual for Fam Docs to own practise buildings. Same for radiologists actually (by not that unusual I mean probably about the same as dentists doing the same thing).

let's put it this way - for every dentist running around with multiple practises etc that means by definition there has to be what ?10-15 other dentists working at those practises? At least? They can come and go but still at all times there would still be vastly more just working there etc :)

Not that unusual for Fam Docs to own practise buildings. Same for radiologists actually (by not that unusual I mean probably about the same as dentists doing the same thing).

Is owning practice buildings really that profitable? I would assume owning multiple dental offices is more lucrative if you do it right...

Is owning practice buildings really that profitable? I would assume owning multiple dental offices is more lucrative if you do it right...

I think alot of it is the safety in knowing that you will never have to move when the building owner draws up different plans for the property. All the plumbing, the patients being used to coming there. etc.. 

I think alot of it is the safety in knowing that you will never have to move when the building owner draws up different plans for the property. All the plumbing, the patients being used to coming there. etc..

You don't make a killing on each doc but you do effectively take a small bit that adds up. Plus if you own an image centre you give yourself a steady custom for you stream of studies.

Archived