Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers Contacted?

I'm not sure that's the case. My understanding is that verifiers are contacted only after interview scores have been tallied. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I believe you are correct for Calgary. 

I was contacted recently to provide a different email address for one of my verifiers, as they do not like gmail/personal addresses.

If you read Dr. Walker's post from last year's interview offers, they closed two files for misrepresentation...so clearly, they were checking with verifiers or doing more digging before interview too. My understanding is that verifiers are contacted throughout the entire process.

I never asked my verifiers to tell me if they are contacted, and it's too weird emailing them and asking now, so I don't think I will ever know if or who was contacted.

If you read Dr. Walker's post from last year's interview offers, they closed two files for misrepresentation...so clearly, they were checking with verifiers or doing more digging before interview too. My understanding is that verifiers are contacted throughout the entire process.

Maybe they dig deeper pre-interview if one of their reviewers flags something?

If my verifies were not contacted, is that a bad thing? As in do all verifies for potential acceptances get contacted or is it a random sampling? I am hoping it is not the former lol 

I don't think we know enough to comment on this, so I would assume a random sampling. How do you know for sure that none of your verifiers were contacted btw?

I don't really know if any of them were or were not, but I have known of my verifies for at least 3 years and as a courtesy they sometimes message me to check in if something comes their way (they did that for an internship I applied to this summer to let me know everything was complete on their end-I never ask they just do it!).

I am basing it off of the same idea but you are absolutely right in saying that I may or may not know. I was just curious as to if all potentially successful candidates were checked or if it was just a random sampling (and hoping that in case they were not contacted, it was random lol) Hope this clarifies!  :)

I don't really know if any of them were or were not, but I have known of my verifies for at least 3 years and as a courtesy they sometimes message me to check in if something comes their way (they did that for an internship I applied to this summer to let me know everything was complete on their end-I never ask they just do it!).

I am basing it off of the same idea but you are absolutely right in saying that I may or may not know. I was just curious as to if all potentially successful candidates were checked or if it was just a random sampling (and hoping that in case they were not contacted, it was random lol) Hope this clarifies!  :)

I know someone who was checked last year post interview and rejected haha

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe any of mine have been contacted and I'm thinking that doesn't bode well for me. My understanding is that they contact all interviewed applicants' verifiers. Perhaps it's different this time around? Alas.... thinking it's "better luck next time" in my case. The thought of writing the MCAT again is nauseating.

^ But if you're a multiple time applicant, and your verifiers tend to contact you if they have themselves been contacted, then wouldn't that imply there is no correlation between having verifiers checked with admissions? (Assuming that your verifiers actually verified your activities and didn't screw you over.. lol)

^ But if you're a multiple time applicant, and your verifiers tend to contact you if they have themselves been contacted, then wouldn't that imply there is no correlation between having verifiers checked with admissions? (Assuming that your verifiers actually verified your activities and didn't screw you over.. lol)

I'm feeling as though the process may have changed this cycle and they're only checking verifiers for successful or waitlisted applicants based on per post-interview scoring. However, I may be incorrect...

Archived