Premed 101 Forums

Anyone Consider Mba After Dental School?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone thought about doing a MBA degree after dental school? I know many medical schools (ie. McGill) have MD/MBA program; thus, even medicine recognize the importance of business in their field. So I think an MBA is even more important for DMD holders, since we are in a private system. I just don't know if the MBA would be that beneficial for dentist owners, compare to self learning.

that's true for single-clinic owner, but the moment any dentist decides to operate multiple practices as well as investing in real estate (i.e. owning both the clinics and the buildings), then he/she is actually at a CEO level, thus, and MBA would make sense in such case ;)

Maybe - :)

I always thought that unless you are running a business with 50 plus employees min it's over kill - you lose a lot of time, 100k.... You would absolutely benefit from business training - only question is a mba is the best route.

Personally I would find some one already doing what you what for mentoring. It is amazing what you can get for a few high class dinners in terms of info (speaking from experience as a prior business owner)

Archived