Premed 101 Forums

What Schools Look Favourably At Masters Degrees?

Hi everyone!

I had only okay grades in undergrad (approximately 3.8 in upper years but only 3.65 overall) so decided to do a masters before applying. I am finishing my MSc this summer. What schools in Canada look favourably towards applicants with Masters?

Hi everyone!

I had only okay grades in undergrad (approximately 3.8 in upper years but only 3.65 overall) so decided to do a masters before applying. I am finishing my MSc this summer. What schools in Canada look favourably towards applicants with Masters?

UofT, but from what i gather not very many others? Generally you still need the GPA to meet the cut-offs for interviews - and masters are more so for the subjective aspects. But it really is school dependent. 

Congratulations on the acceptance xcon2run!  Dalhousie has a generous policy towards graduate work - essentially can substitute grad grades for undergrad grades.  I'm not sure about Mun. 

Thank ya! Yes if you look back at Dal's stats then seem to be accepting more and more students with MSc degrees (could be a random correlation though  :P ). Substituting your first year of Masters, which should be at least 3.8, makes the world of difference if your UG GPA is slightly lower like mine was

Archived