Premed 101 Forums

Deadline To Accept Offer

Hey everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone could shed some light on what day you need to respond to any offers of admission by.

As well, if you are waitlisted on your first choice School but accepted to your second choice School, would you be able to wait a reasonable amount of time to see if you get off the waitlist for your first choice?

I hope that made sense!

Hey everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone could shed some light on what day you need to respond to any offers of admission by.

As well, if you are waitlisted on your first choice School but accepted to your second choice School, would you be able to wait a reasonable amount of time to see if you get off the waitlist for your first choice?

I hope that made sense!

The is a set deadline - 2 weeks basically to accept. Once you accept an offer then you are done, you are removed form all other wait lists from schools that talk to each other (like all ontario schools).

People thus tend to not accept if they hope to be pull off a weight list until they have to.

In the future this will likely change and similar to carms all matching will happen all at once on one day. No more wait lists.

In the future this will likely change and similar to carms all matching will happen all at once on one day. No more wait lists.

This is planned to be Canada wide then? I imagine ditching waitlists would be tricky if it was only limited to Ontario schools.

Do you know when this system will likely be implemented?

This is planned to be Canada wide then? I imagine ditching waitlists would be tricky if it was only limited to Ontario schools.

Do you know when this system will likely be implemented?

yeah for canada wide all the schools would have to talk.

I heard it was coming "in a bit" - probably a few years if all goes well. There has been this progressive push to get more things centralized.

Personally I think it is great idea if it can be pulled off. Waitlists are horrible things, and the constant never really knowing if you will get in or not is very draining for people. Knowing for sure on a single day sounds better. Plus it would give people something to do prior to acceptance day - ha, people would have to rank their choices which would forces people and schools to prepare for that.

yeah for canada wide all the schools would have to talk.

I heard it was coming "in a bit" - probably a few years if all goes well. There has been this progressive push to get more things centralized.

Personally I think it is great idea if it can be pulled off. Waitlists are horrible things, and the constant never really knowing if you will get in or not is very draining for people. Knowing for sure on a single day sounds better. Plus it would give people something to do prior to acceptance day - ha, people would have to rank their choices which would forces people and schools to prepare for that.

If everyone who applied knew on May 15th, I suppose it would be more excusable for the date to be out so late as well. I'm surprised that the schools that release before May 15th (Dal and one other I think?) have agreed to this though to be honest.

Archived