Premed 101 Forums

Dal Interviews

Thestakesarehigh- as far as i've heard, last year they didn't do two rounds of interviews? i know first round invites have all been sent out though!

best of luck guys, hope something works out for everyone :)

also- does anyone have any idea how many OOP they interview? i know they have 70-80 spots for about 38 places in the program (and as far as i've read, it seems like 4-6 of those spots have already been given out to the americans on these forums). i was just trying to get a rough idea how many of these 70-80 do you think are in province/ how many are OOP?

4-6 spots have been given out already?! That's odd, since they have not evaluated some of the Canadian applicants. Some seats could be reserved for international students, I guess. 

Keep in mind they would be competing with the US schools for those American students, so they have an incentive to decide earlier since the US cycle starts a lot earlier than the Canadian one. 

Keep in mind they would be competing with the US schools for those American students, so they have an incentive to decide earlier since the US cycle starts a lot earlier than the Canadian one.

I'd be very skeptical that dal or any Canadian uni has a special process of timelines for internationals. They dont need internationals so I'd find it odd they would add more administrative work on themselves..

Calculating average:

Does anyone know how DAL calculates our averages?

They go back the past 20 courses (60 credit hours) but that's all I know.
Do they just go by the number grade but then how does this happen for school which only send letter grades on transcripts!?

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

If you've already done UofT then you'll find Halifax a lot "better", at least I did.  

The 1st years all looked after us before our interviews and the interviewers I had were friendlier and less formal (although the UofT one was relatively relaxed but I still felt it to be more formal and less personal)

It was the exact same type of format except I had 3 interviewers instead of 2 and they all took turns asking questions.  

I also liked the dentistry building at Dal better and apparently they have a 5 year plan to renew/replace all the labs classrooms etc.  

I was certainly more nervous for my Dal one (because it was first) so you should do better.  Just don't do too well ... there arent' many OOP spots!   :P

Archived