Premed 101 Forums

Complete Video Series On Every Case In The Book Doing Right

I am currently putting together a full medical school admission guide on YouTube, and I am approaching the part where I talk about the interview.

I plan to make a full break-down of the book Doing Right, going over every single case.

I wanted some feedback on how I should present this. I could present each case by recording the book using a high-quality camera, or I could type out each case and demonstrate how to analyze the important parts using a virtual blackboard.

Let me know what you think!

This is a great idea! Personally, I like it more when I can see a person writing things out themselves on a blackboard, but that's just me.

Thank you for the reply! The idea is to use a virtual blackboard similar to what is seen in a Khan Academy video (using a stylus pad). 

I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but you probably can't do this.

Don't construe this as legal advice, just general info, k. But, you need to think about copyright infringement. At the very least, you're going to have YouTube take it down after all of your hard work. At worst, you will get sued.

Going over each case would take a lot of time. It's admirable that you want to do this, but be careful. Maybe just use the book, along with other sources, as inspiration to craft your own scenarios?

I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but you probably can't do this.

Don't construe this as legal advice, just general info, k. But, you need to think about copyright infringement. At the very least, you're going to have YouTube take it down after all of your hard work. At worst, you will get sued.

Going over each case would take a lot of time. It's admirable that you want to do this, but be careful. Maybe just use the book, along with other sources, as inspiration to craft your own scenarios?

Thats a very good point.

That removes any chance that I'll record the book over-head or paste the text directly. Variations sounds like what I will end up going with if I cannot get in contact with the publishing company.

EDIT: The more I think about it I really like the idea of making my own cases. I really appreciate the comment, I am sure you saved me many hours!

Thats a very good point.

That removes any chance that I'll record the book over-head or paste the text directly. Variations sounds like what I will end up going with if I cannot get in contact with the publishing company.

EDIT: The more I think about it I really like the idea of making my own cases. I really appreciate the comment, I am sure you saved me many hours!

LOL, I am glad that I could help! Imagine if you made ALL the videos before posting and then they were taken down right away!

LOL, I am glad that I could help! Imagine if you made ALL the videos before posting and then they were taken down right away!

You the real MVP :)

So many of the doing right cases are real cases and have citations to the actual law cases. One option to avoid infringing on doing right is to base your analysis on the original referenced cases, instead of the abridged doing right version.

This is another great suggestion. I will surely do this.

So many of the doing right cases are real cases and have citations to the actual law cases. One option to avoid infringing on doing right is to base your analysis on the original referenced cases, instead of the abridged doing right version.

Oh ya, I should have thought of that! You can probably access them all for free at canlii.org.

Also, they are almost always summarized, so you will not need to read through dozens of pages per case. Feel free to PM me if you need help finding a case or anything like that.

I like how you added this. Anytime my lawyer sister posts anything on Facebook or publicly that even slightly relates to law she always adds a disclaimer like this. Just to be safe!

Lol. Ya it's such a silly overly paranoid habit. As if I would get in trouble from telling something might be illegal! That would be like a doctor being sued for saying "ya, you should probably see a doctor about that. "

Archived